Data Dimensions

There are newer employer reviews for Data Dimensions

Bad Company Policies and Management make for Unhappy Workers

Current Employee - Data Processor in Janesville, WI
Current Employee - Data Processor in Janesville, WI

I have been working at Data Dimensions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is steady work projected for years to come and there are lots of great people that work there. You can listen to music while you work, and because the pay is piece rate, you can take breaks when you need them and do it on your paid time.

Cons

The company is changing structure from a small business to a medium sized operation, with that being said, they are constantly changing policies to try and meet the growing sized company but seem to fail at every turn (unplanned days have changed at least three times in the past year, now is six unplanned days on a rolling twelve month basis). Management does NOT consult employees before rolling out changes or seeking advice on improvement.

Pay is not what was promised at hire; original employees were hired at a higher rate and promised that it would never get lowered- well instead after a few months of working we were all told to sign a paper saying we would get paid two dollars less than what was promised for our lowest piece rate. Piece rate (getting paid for how much work we do in an hour) is a joke, in theory it is good, but guess what, it is impossible to get anything more than the lowest rate. The type of work you get is not consistent (could be old to brand new paperwork) and you get the type of work by pure luck. This job is not well suited for piece rate.

You also need to keep up to a minimum rate of work per an hour, this is again, good in theory; however, for this job, it is hard to maintain. Some people can be some of the hardest workers from the entire floor and still not make rate if they get bad paperwork all week.

Listen to your employees, get rid of piece rate, and loosen up a little bit. Stop telling us "it will all even out in the end" because it doesn't.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Data Dimensions (View Most Recent)

Company does not know how to treat employees.

Former Employee - DP1 in Janesville, WI
    Former Employee - DP1 in Janesville, WI

I worked at Data Dimensions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay for some jobs, their current government contract, the only reason it is decent is because the government forces them to pay a certain amount, others at the company are poorly paid. Lots of work, overtime if you want it. They contribute to local charities and give out incentives now and then.

Cons

Treat people very poorly. They have mandatory overtime and work people until they quit. Their female 3rd shift supervisor definitely has poor people skills and favorites. If you are one minute over on a break you will get an occurance - you can't make it up - ridiculous! Can't even go the bathroom!

Make overtime voluntary. Be more fair in your practices.

Hard work is well-recognized & there are a lot of good people here.

I have been working at Data Dimensions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you have a good work ethic, and you like working with others who share that view, you will do well. It's true that there is less tolerance for people who don't think they should put in a good day's work for a good day's pay - but I think that's a plus. I think most people prefer for work to be fair & no one likes constantly having to pick up the slack for others. Plus, the work can be very gratifying and rewarding. I like that from a job - because then it's not so much like work.

Cons

It is by no means pervasive, there are a ton of really good people here, but there is some leftover "GM mentality" in the area and they seem to have an unfortunate expectation that they should be paid really well even though they don't offer a lot of skills to justify it. To be clear, most people are not like this. This is starting to get worked out & I think it will keep getting better as the company works through this growth spurt and settles into more routine - but some of the side-effects of the transition aren't that fun. It's a drag to work with people who have that unfortunate mindset and they don't seem to understand that there are standards to meet & they can be loud and disruptive and it makes it harder on everyone else around them. I'm not for being a mindless drone and following orders, it's really all about being reasonable and understanding that there are 2 sides to it, yes, you want to get paid, but yes, you have to work to get that. The huge growth and influx of workers will settle down to what we had before - and the drag of getting rid of the ones who don't think that's fair will move on. So - wait and miss the tranisition period? You could, but you'd also miss the large hiring window, too, so you have to make that call.

Please, share more information about what's going on, especially the pushes for overtime and why we have to have it and what alternatives there might be, how long it will go on, what kind of progress we're making. Provide good ways for us to communicate ideas that might help and keep us posted if they are being considered, worked on, or why they won't work if that's the case.

There are newer employer reviews for Data Dimensions