Data Dimensions
datadimensions.com Janesville, WI 150 to 499 Employees

Bad Company Policies and Management make for Unhappy Workers

Data Processor (Current Employee)
Janesville, WI

ProsThere is steady work projected for years to come and there are lots of great people that work there. You can listen to music while you work, and because the pay is piece rate, you can take breaks when you need them and do it on your paid time.

ConsThe company is changing structure from a small business to a medium sized operation, with that being said, they are constantly changing policies to try and meet the growing sized company but seem to fail at every turn (unplanned days have changed at least three times in the past year, now is six unplanned days on a rolling twelve month basis). Management does NOT consult employees before rolling out changes or seeking advice on improvement.

Pay is not what was promised at hire; original employees were hired at a higher rate and promised that it would never get lowered- well instead after a few months of working we were all told to sign a paper saying we would get paid two dollars less than what was promised for our lowest piece rate. Piece rate (getting paid for how much work we do in an hour) is a joke, in theory it is good, but guess what, it is impossible to get anything more than the lowest rate. The type of work you get is not consistent (could be old to brand new paperwork) and you get the type of work by pure luck. This job is not well suited for piece rate.

You also need to keep up to a minimum rate of work per an hour, this is again, good in theory; however, for this job, it is hard to maintain. Some people can be some of the hardest workers from the entire floor and still not make rate if they get bad paperwork all week.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, get rid of piece rate, and loosen up a little bit. Stop telling us "it will all even out in the end" because it doesn't.

Company does not know how to treat employees.

DP1 (Former Employee)
    Janesville, WI

I worked at Data Dimensions full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent pay for some jobs, their current government contract, the only reason it is decent is because the government forces them to pay a certain… Cons: Treat people very poorly. They have mandatory overtime and work people until they quit. Their female 3rd shift supervisor definitely has poor people… Advice to Senior Management: Make overtime voluntary. Be more fair in your practices. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard work is well-recognized & there are a lot of good people here.

I have been working at Data Dimensions full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you have a good work ethic, and you like working with others who share that view, you will do well. It's true that… Cons: It is by no means pervasive, there are a ton of really good people here, but there is some leftover "GM mentality" in the area… Advice to Senior Management: Please, share more information about what's going on, especially the pushes for overtime and why we have to have it and what alternatives there might… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Data Dimensions.

Worked for Data Dimensions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Data Dimensions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Data Dimensions CEO Jon Boumstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Data Dimensions employees.