Data Recognition Corporation

www.datarecognitioncorp.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Data Recognition Corporation

Worked to death with no rewards

Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Maple Grove, MN
Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow peers were a blast to work with, decent end of year bonus, not micro-managed

Cons

I had a lot of responsibility and cared a great deal about the success of my departments, but I didn't have enough people on my team to get the job done so I ended up working 6-7 days a week for over 3 years. I worked in the office during the day and worked from home at night because there were things that needed to be done that couldn't be done when folks were in the office working (I was in IT). The president of the company has no regard for employees who are outside of the "good ol' boys" network (I.e. a small group of executives and upper management). My boss tried to get me a raise for over 2 years because he knew how hard I worked, but the president wouldn't approve one because, as my boss told me, she really doesn't care. There have been 8 other people on my team there who have quit in the last 9 months, and 2 more are currently looking. Advice: ok company to work for as a contract employee, but beware of upper management and the president if you want to be a permanent employee. I saw many other peers who were slaves to their jobs and were not compensated financially or with flex time. I had to cancel 2 vacations last year due to work; I thought slavery was abolished a long time ago!

Advice to Management

If you truly care about your employees, show them by paying them what they are worth and trusting their managers to give them raises as they see fit. The president has no idea how people are performing, so why does she have to approve the raises? Put trust in the direct managers. CIO is incredibly controlling and not approachable, and has caused a lot of frustration among a lot of people with his wishy washy directives. CIO, make a stand and lead the company. Don't be mean to your subordinates and change your directives in the middle of projects.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It has been a positive experience

Current Contractor - Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Contractor - Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment with possible networking.

Cons

Sometimes the work can be monotonous.

2. great temporary work environment

Current Employee - Scorer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Scorer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation

Pros

Well defined tasks, ease of work, pleasant environment

Cons

temporary work, no flexibility in schedule, work is monotonous