DRC was a quiet environment to work in. You set your own pace and knew your stats for grading compared to others.

Former Employee - Test Scorer  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Test Scorer in Austin, TX

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You work at your own pace while monitoring your stats so you can improve and still maintain accuracy in grading all the tests.

Cons

Very quiet working environment. Library setting, so if you don't like that quiet feel, you may not be too thrilled with your experience.

Pay increase is needed for the level of monotonous intensity especially since you're dealing with balancing speed and accuracy in scoring all tests.

Other Reviews for Data Recognition Corporation

Team Leader

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Sharonville, OH
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Sharonville, OH

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Relaxed dress code, friendly environment, everyone who works there is very professional and very relaxed

Cons

Work is seasonal and the seasons appear to be getting shorter

Worked to death with no rewards

Former Employee - Systems Administrative  in  Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fellow peers were a blast to work with, decent end of year bonus, not micro-managed

Cons

I had a lot of responsibility and cared a great deal about the success of my departments, but I didn't have enough people on my team to get the job done so I ended up working 6-7 days a week for over 3 years. I worked in the office during the day and worked from home at night because there were things that needed to be done that couldn't be done when folks were in the office working (I was in IT). The president of the company has no regard for employees who are outside of the "good ol' boys" network (I.e. a small group of executives and upper management). My boss tried to get me a raise for over 2 years because he knew how hard I worked, but the president wouldn't approve one because, as my boss told me, she really doesn't care. There have been 8 other people on my team there who have quit in the last 9 months, and 2 more are currently looking. Advice: ok company to work for as a contract employee, but beware of upper management and the president if you want to be a permanent employee. I saw many other peers who were slaves to their jobs and were not compensated financially or with flex time. I had to cancel 2 vacations last year due to work; I thought slavery was abolished a long time ago!

If you truly care about your employees, show them by paying them what they are worth and trusting their managers to give them raises as they see fit. The president has no idea how people are performing, so why does she have to approve the raises? Put trust in the direct managers. CIO is incredibly controlling and not approachable, and has caused a lot of frustration among a lot of people with his wishy washy directives. CIO, make a stand and lead the company. Don't be mean to your subordinates and change your directives in the middle of projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Data Recognition Corporation.

Worked for Data Recognition Corporation? Contribute to the Community!