Data Recognition Corporation
www.datarecognitioncorp.com 500 to 999 Employees

Two different pictures for this company

Sharonville, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation part-time

ProsThe day-to-day work with other seasonal employees is great. Opportunity to make some good friends while bringing home a small paycheck every now and then. For the most part it's a low-stress work environment. You have the chance to put in a good day's work and yet not take work home with you.

ConsThere's been a definite trend the last few years of the full-time management disregarding how their business practices affect its seasonal employee work force, and the expectations are rather unilateral. They want you to commit to working a project til it's completion and yet, in the last couple years, most projects are ending way earlier than what they say they will. In the last year, management has even begun sending people home mid-week due to poor planning on its part, or perhaps for hidden ulterior motives. There are more and more examples of them bringing employees in to work for x-number of weeks and then employees getting one or two days here and one or two days of work there. The problem with this is that many employees are turning down other possible job opportunities with the expectation they will receive 35 or so hours/week (830-4pm) only to get piece meal work from DRC. Not to mention people skip vacations, doctor visits, etc. in order to be at work, only to be sent right back home because there is no work that day or week.

If thinking about working here, definitely think twice, especially if you have other options. The job and the potential pay for seasonal employment looks attractive on paper and in the interview, but it's a different story in real life. A project they say will last 3 weeks may in fact end a week early and if they have not planned properly, you may come in one day at 830 only to be sent back home by noon, or worse, told that you will not be working for the next 1 or 2 days at all. If an apology and a thanks is all you require to be okay with being jerked around like that, DRC is your place to work.

This is definitely an employers' job market right now, and DRC seems to be using that to its full advantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecisions made in your office affect real people with real lives, real bills, real expectations. You have a loyal seasonal workforce, but you are using up your goodwill with how you are treating us with the business decisions you are making. When you give people a 15 minute notice that they are being sent home for the rest of the week because there is no more work (for whatever reason), you are showing you don't care that some of us turned down other job opportunities, or passed on vacations or delayed doctor visits in order to commit to working on a project.....with the expectation of getting work. I have seen decisions made by your management all just to save 8 dollars/reader even though we were coming in for partial work weeks (and that's not what the commitment is on the project reminder cards) to complete a project by your deadline. "Thank you for your hard work" and "Thank you for your patience on this difficult project" comments are abundant from the full-time management, but words are cheap. The actual decisions that you are making and how they affect your work force's day-to-day lives are what make a real impact. Currently, they are perceived as quite negative. More and more your seasonal employees are feeling like mushrooms and that management wants us to feel and know that we are all very easily replaced. You are doing a good job of communicating it.

Very good organization

Reader (Former Employee)
Woodbury, MN

I worked at Data Recognition Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Thorough training. Very close supervision. Nice organization to work for.… Cons: Some divisions only hire temporary Advice to Senior Management: Very good management style Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Scorer/Grader

Scorer/Grader (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Data Recognition Corporation as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: DRC pays on time and payments are accurate. Cons: The management is very clock conscious (at least in the grading environment). Every minute counts especially coming back from breaks or… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Data Recognition Corporation.

Worked for Data Recognition Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Data Recognition Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Data Recognition Corporation CEO Susan Engeleiter. All reviews posted anonymously by Data Recognition Corporation employees.