Data Systems International

www.dsionline.com

Culture of Paranoia and Micromanagement

Pros

It's a job. There's no other reason to work here other than a means to pay your bills.

Cons

Too much micromanagement
Too much fear
Too little recognition for your contribution
Too many to list

The theme continues: In my experience in the tech industry, I've had the opportunity to work in 9 software companies. DSI is the worst experience, bar none. It's hard to offer any 'advice to management' when it would fall on deaf ears. It's time for 'the family' to cash out and let someone with real experience and a passion for people, customers, and product to take this business to the next level.

Other reviews for Data Systems International

They still have a lot to learn

Pros

The product (in theory) is pretty good. Initial compensation packages are average for this industry.

Cons

So many to list...They bring "passing the buck to a whole new level". No one at the corporate office wants to work and it's easier to pull teeth than to get anything done.

There is an extreme case of paranoia at this company.

The son that became CEO has no history of ever buying or selling anything professionally, which shows he is lost.

The management is only concerned with their bonuses & lacks the ability to make decisions to get things done as noted in other reviews. Also as noted it is very true that NO ONE is ever safe and you go to work daily wondering if that day will be your last.

It's a classic case of a very small fish thinking it's bigger than it is & never needing to accommodate anyone else.

Could go on and on...

Get off your "high horse" and realize that without your employees, you are doomed to fail. Your reputation (from those that have even heard of you) is not good in the industry. Things won't improve until the management and culture does.

Extraordinarily challenging place to work

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

DSI had a reasonable technical solution set although it was too Oracle JDEdwards focussed which limitted the potential market outside North America.

They also had good IT infrastructure and HR systems for a company of their size

Cons

I have to concur with another review, DSI was quite the worst company I had ever experienced in my 18 year professional career. It was impossible to make any kind of decision as control was exerted from the CEO/CFO on just about everything which was incredibly frustrating. On top of that, I have never experienced micromanagement quite to the level I did here. Worse however was the culture of fear, I would go to work every single day wondering if I would still have a job by 5pm, it just sapped energy and motivation out of you.

Aside from personal issues, the company is trying to transform from selling a tactical solution to a more strategic one and despite working hard and gaining useful insight to the potential of the UK market, my views were considered worthless perpetuating the probable inability to transform.

I have to say it is as simple as treating employees like human beings and trusting them to make more right decisions than wrong ones. As a company you are trying to break in to a new markets and if you completely shackle people you are doomed to fail.

You also need to open you ears to employee ideas even if they are critical and respond accordingly. It is easy to accuse a single employee of being weak but if ten people in a team fail you have to question if all ten were bad, or if the company was doing something wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Data Systems International.

Worked for Data Systems International? Contribute to the Community!