DataSphere Technologies

datasphere.com

A fun and at times equally frustrating place to work

Non-sales (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

Pros-Young, energetic workforce helps promote a fun atmosphere
-Casual attire
-Provided you can perform your job/hit your metrics/meet any set expectations, you can get away with a lot
-Fairly easy to transfer to a different department and possibly change the course of your own career
-Honestly met some of the most interesting, funny people here in my life.

Cons-Working with a lot of other 20-somethings also means "often loud and downright obnoxious workspaces"
-Most of the customer-facing/servicing positions are basically entry-level in terms of qualifications, work detail and pay, so you can get bored and demotivated quickly if you're truly skilled.
-Micromanagement is rampant; most departments require their employees to adhere to strict schedules
-Opportunities for advancement w/in specific departments is a bit limited. Most people "advance" by outright transferring to another department; otherwise, if you're interested in developing your career w/in a specific field or skill set, it might not happen there.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen the reins and treat everyone like adults. I've seen many talented employees stifled while less-deserving ones skate by for too long because the babysitting that masquerades as "managing" in some circles only serves to unnecessarily level the playing field.

Free lunches and the occasional party is cool and all, but I'd trade most if not all of that for more flex scheduling, less micromanagement, and other examples of trust being placed in us which can help mitigate any dissatisfaction in pay and instill more loyalty among the employees.

Cold calling, high pressure telemarketing sales

Account Executive (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros: - work/life balance - casual dress code - fun co-workers -free lunch once… Cons: - Product is very weak; there's a reason the ad packages are cheap; videos and ads are sloppily put together and placed on the news… Advice to Senior Management: - Hire managers with management and leadership qualities - HR needs to be identify candidates who have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Love coworkers - lacking love with executive and managers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of great people. Relaxed environment. 40 hour work week. No nights, no weekends. No dress code. Sales is sales.… Cons: Execs/managers don't care about anyone but there favorites. No respect or reward for hard work. Benefits are the worst. Very few long… Advice to Senior Management: Respect people and stop being cheap. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DataSphere Technologies.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!