DataSphere Technologies

There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies

Forward Thinking Company - Always Training, Changing, and Challenging norms

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is focused and driven to help you succeed and the environment is relaxed to inspire creative activity. The energy is high and the senior account executives are some of the smartest, driven people I have ever met.

Cons

The Marketing is okay, and it is developing. I think they understand that the product is a little weak.The only value you really have to sell with is the partnership with the News Stations. "Calling on behalf of King5" opens a lot of doors. That's it though. If you found a business owner that was egotistical enough to overlook the flatness of the product and the weak ROI - winner winner chicken dinner.

Development Team - Create more depth in this product. Your structure and leadership is right. I think the next step would be to start specializing to more industries than just Real Estate. If you did that more, you would have more of the success you see in LandWatch. This is too great of a company to dissolve due to failing appeal.

Sales Managers: Keep rocking it! You are all my Heroes.

85 Other Employee Reviews for DataSphere Technologies (View Most Recent)

HORROR

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent co workers, good location.

Cons

Entire company is an illusion designed to line the pockets of the few.

Quit.

A fun and at times equally frustrating place to work

Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time

Pros

-Young, energetic workforce helps promote a fun atmosphere
    -Casual attire
    -Provided you can perform your job/hit your metrics/meet any set expectations, you can get away with a lot
    -Fairly easy to transfer to a different department and possibly change the course of your own career
    -Honestly met some of the most interesting, funny people here in my life.

Cons

-Working with a lot of other 20-somethings also means "often loud and downright obnoxious workspaces"
    -Most of the customer-facing/servicing positions are basically entry-level in terms of qualifications, work detail and pay, so you can get bored and demotivated quickly if you're truly skilled.
    -Micromanagement is rampant; most departments require their employees to adhere to strict schedules
    -Opportunities for advancement w/in specific departments is a bit limited. Most people "advance" by outright transferring to another department; otherwise, if you're interested in developing your career w/in a specific field or skill set, it might not happen there.

Loosen the reins and treat everyone like adults. I've seen many talented employees stifled while less-deserving ones skate by for too long because the babysitting that masquerades as "managing" in some circles only serves to unnecessarily level the playing field.

Free lunches and the occasional party is cool and all, but I'd trade most if not all of that for more flex scheduling, less micromanagement, and other examples of trust being placed in us which can help mitigate any dissatisfaction in pay and instill more loyalty among the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies