DataSphere Technologies

www.datasphere.com
There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies

Avoid

I worked at DataSphere Technologies

Pros

Great company benefits, relaxed work environment, parties every month, no overtime as they stress work life balance. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

Training is a joke. My dept (won't mention), there is no formal training. "Here's your computer, log on, get yourself familiar with the programs, ask questions" No real guidance, structure, too very laid back. Expects you to succeed with barely any support.

93 Other Employee Reviews for DataSphere Technologies (View Most Recent)

I've had worse jobs

Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Monday-Friday work schedule, casual dress code, fun people, fun parties, easy to get hired on, good location, no taking work home with you.

Cons

Low pay in an expensive part of town. Terrible benefits. High turnover. Focus is definitely not on those in non sales positions.

Focus more on compensation for non sales positions.

Terrible Management, Poor Pay, Stay Away!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Young staff (20's-30's) which makes for a more fun, youthful environment
    -Great music playing, keeps you motivated in a mundane, repetitive job
    -Cool, relaxed environment

Cons

There are quite a few of them.....where to begin?
    -Managers are not managers...they are salespeople who were promoted based on having high sales. Just because you can sell a product well doesn't mean you can effectively manage people.
    -There is a LOT of different radios and music playing and cheering can get incessant. It was fun at first, but it gets extremely obnoxious when you're trying to focus on a call.
    -Hung up on CONSTANTLY...lowers morale very quickly.
    -Expected to put in at least 100 calls a day, or 6 hours of "talk time"
    -The product is really crappy...it's advertising on the customers' local news station's website...down the page quite a bit, rotating with quite a few other businesses
    -Pay is VERY low...they tell you it's a salaried position, but it's not. You get paid about $14/hour after taxes, which in Seattle's cost of living is more like $9/hour. Most of my coworkers, even in their thirties, are living with roommates because they cannot afford to live based on the lack of salary.
    -You only receive commission if you hit your quota. You can be $1 away and not get a commission check!

My personal story: I quit Datasphere because my husband was transferred jobs across the country. I was never paid my commission check (of about $1200) because I moved before working there 90 days. Supposedly it was spelled out in my employee handbook, but I could never see where it stated that. I would have hired a lawyer, but $1200 isn't worth it after considering legal fees! Very unfair...especially since it wasn't my decision to quit; my husband was getting transferred! There was really no choice on my part. I would have quit eventually though!) Also, my manager cussed at me and made me feel threatened quite often. The only time anything was ever done about it was when I went to HR. Even then it always felt awkward. I was glad to get out of there!

If you're going to promote successful salespeople as managers, make sure that you train them on how to be effective managers. Just because you can sell doesn't mean you can manage others and train them well.

There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies