DataSphere Technologies

www.datasphere.com

ON MY WAY OUT!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

The hours are 7am -4pm or 6am -3pm get up early do your job and go home. The team is environment is the best. The sales is easy and not very stressful if you are experienced but if you are not you will struggle. When you make commission at least in my product I sold it was the best. If you manages to stay six months and have high talk time and hit quota another company will head hunt you right out of there with better pay and benefits.

Cons

Inconsistent policies making Senior AE is a joke. They keep changing the qualifications so lesser people make it. The pay is the lowest in the media & advertising industry and no one stays. There is an inexperienced operations person and most people in the position never worked the position in other companies to give a good outlook. The benefits are the worst and the company meetings are useless.

Consistency, quality and experience in everything you do will make a huge difference in your culture and longevity. Wonder why you have not been on best places to work? Walk around the sales floor and ask!

Other reviews for DataSphere Technologies

Terrible product that is being sold to people who don't know nay better, and managers who are incompetent.

Pros

Well the job is easy so i can't complain, a monkey could do this.

Cons

Where does one start? (This is within a non-sales department)

- Anyone who is manager or a lead, has been solely promoted because they've been here long enough or sucked up. The people who are in these positions have ZERO people management skills, and most of the time don't know what they're doing (successful way to build a company)
    - the pay is a JOKE. any other real company pays at least $10,000 or more for the same position
    - again the team leads or managers like to re-assign work to other people because they themselves do not want to deal with clients
    - there is absolutely zero professional growth here, you will not learn much after a month or so
    - The benefits are a joke, you're better off not having insurance because it's basically catastrophic insurance
    -The turnover is so horrible, every month there's a contest with an incentive if you refer people who get hired, pathetic. maybe invest that money into your people's salaries so you won't have this high of a turnover.
    - The products are sold to people who don't know any better, it's a crappy product and everyone knows it.

Stop promoting people just because they've been here long enough. The people who are managing have zero skills. maybe do some market research while you're at it too- the salaries are a joke, and you all know this.

Terrible Management, Poor Pay, Stay Away!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

-Young staff (20's-30's) which makes for a more fun, youthful environment
    -Great music playing, keeps you motivated in a mundane, repetitive job
    -Cool, relaxed environment

Cons

There are quite a few of them.....where to begin?
    -Managers are not managers...they are salespeople who were promoted based on having high sales. Just because you can sell a product well doesn't mean you can effectively manage people.
    -There is a LOT of different radios and music playing and cheering can get incessant. It was fun at first, but it gets extremely obnoxious when you're trying to focus on a call.
    -Hung up on CONSTANTLY...lowers morale very quickly.
    -Expected to put in at least 100 calls a day, or 6 hours of "talk time"
    -The product is really crappy...it's advertising on the customers' local news station's website...down the page quite a bit, rotating with quite a few other businesses
    -Pay is VERY low...they tell you it's a salaried position, but it's not. You get paid about $14/hour after taxes, which in Seattle's cost of living is more like $9/hour. Most of my coworkers, even in their thirties, are living with roommates because they cannot afford to live based on the lack of salary.
    -You only receive commission if you hit your quota. You can be $1 away and not get a commission check!

My personal story: I quit Datasphere because my husband was transferred jobs across the country. I was never paid my commission check (of about $1200) because I moved before working there 90 days. Supposedly it was spelled out in my employee handbook, but I could never see where it stated that. I would have hired a lawyer, but $1200 isn't worth it after considering legal fees! Very unfair...especially since it wasn't my decision to quit; my husband was getting transferred! There was really no choice on my part. I would have quit eventually though!) Also, my manager cussed at me and made me feel threatened quite often. The only time anything was ever done about it was when I went to HR. Even then it always felt awkward. I was glad to get out of there!

If you're going to promote successful salespeople as managers, make sure that you train them on how to be effective managers. Just because you can sell doesn't mean you can manage others and train them well.

There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies.

Worked for DataSphere Technologies? Contribute to the Community!