CEO is awesome.

I have been working at DataStax full-time

Pros

The best thing about DataStax is that the CEO is awesome. He is smart, visionary, and really cares about people and about their careers.

Cons

It's a very fast growing company so at times it's takes extra effort to ensure that those who need to be informed about certain activities are included.Typical growing pains, but it's good that we have that awareness internally.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Smartest team of engineers I have ever worked with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at DataStax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the smartest and best group of engineers you will ever work with. They have done a very good job of hiring the best and brightest throughout the engineering team, including in QA and Support. And if they do make a mistake in hiring, it is quickly corrected. Great vacation policy. Privately held company with a future so bright you'll need shades. I would be very surprised if the stock options don't amount to a very nice bonus at some point. Completely distributed company done right. Even when working from home or remotely, you don't feel left out of anything. Great small company culture where management encourages input from everyone, no matter how lowly. You won't see anyone here throwing their "title" around.

Cons

You have to be driven and willing to work in a distributed environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Awesome

I have been working at DataStax

Pros

Fantastic technology, great market position. Best technical staff I've ever worked with. Amazing leadership from the CEO. A good company to work for and to do business with.

Cons

Fast paced. Growing like a rocket. A bit chaotic as a result. Average performers will not do well. Bring your A game.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.