DataStax

www.datastax.com
  www.datastax.com
There are newer employer reviews for DataStax

I am extremely enthusiastic about Datastax, my position and the company's future.

Current Employee - Global Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Global Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company emphasizes communication and respect for all employees regardless of their title. This is a common "statement" for companies, but at Datastax I have consistently felt the difference in attitude in my dealing with the top executives as well as with colleagues. The daily lunches where executives join the rest of the staff, provides daily opportunities to get to know executives and colleagues on a casual basis. The CEO can frequently be found in the lunch room in the late afternoon working on his laptop - another example of ensuring his availability to all employees. The work load is consistent... but the flexibility to juggle your work with personal commitments is outstanding. I feel like I have left Dorothy's Kansas - working in a drab B&W world, and have landed in a challenging, fun and Technicolor OZ....and so far I haven't seen any sign of flying monkeys or witches.

Cons

I have only been on board for 2 months... but I am thrilled to be at Datastax and currently do not have complaints... or concerns.

Keep "walking the talk"

49 Other Employee Reviews for DataStax (View Most Recent)

Extremely excited to be part of something so AMAZING!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You don't mind coming to work here... everyone is just as hardworking and dedicated as the next no matter which team you're on. From the Execs all the way down - everyone's heart is in it 100%, to help DataStax succeed. By far the BEST company I have ever worked for. Our CEO not only encourages us to "mingle" during lunch hour - but he too table hops himself, getting to know us all individually on a more intimate level. The culture is what truly makes this place ROCK... yes the free lunches, and unlimited supply of drinks and snacks help - but the people are what makes it all come together and makes the magic happen!

Cons

Cons? Seriously? I haven't found one yet... highly doubt I ever will

Keep it up! The monthly "Welcome to DataStax" meeting was a great idea! The way Billy shares his life with us and motivates us in that meeting was what honestly sealed the deal for me! His encouraging words and uplifting spirit make him so much more than just a CEO.

Amazing technology coupled with amazing people.

I have been working at DataStax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture and priorities! Visibility, Accountability and Respect!

Ability to hire folks from all over the world... love that we're not restricted to a single geographical location.

CFO with Wall Street cred; can you say IPO in the future?

Cons

Will update if anything pops up, but nada as of right now.

There are newer employer reviews for DataStax