DataStax

www.datastax.com
  www.datastax.com
There are newer employer reviews for DataStax

The sales org is a sh*tshow and boiler room.

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at DataStax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Datastax is supported by an awesome technology. The majority of the people at the company are pleasurable to work with. I truly feel the company will go pre-IPO by mid-2015 . . . So your equity will hold value, given you vested. The product management team and engineers are all rockstars. There is a true startup culture where everyone works hard. Cassandra has a strong community and it's growing. There is now free lunch every day.

Cons

The sales reps don't get much respect. The marketing is subpar, which impacts the sales team. You will be doing MUCH more out-bounding than following up on leads, nurturing accounts and trying to close deals. The sales org is becoming a boiler room environment where all calls are tracked. Quantity over quality doesn't work in a consultative sales environment. Not much upward mobility. The CEO, Billy, won't say "Hi" to you when you walk by him unless you initiate. The compensation plan is horrible. If you hit accelerators at a certain tier, your % decreases. I know, weird. There are a lot of false promises given. Don't believe the hype.

(Rhetorical) Question of the day: Why did the talented people quit Datastax when it has such great promise?

48 Other Employee Reviews for DataStax (View Most Recent)

My husband doesn't ask me how my day was anymore... Cause he's jealous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday is new and exiting. I look forward to actually being at work with everyone, what a concept! Even if I am having a bad day something or someone will change that frown upside down. If you want to love your job, check out DataStax.

Cons

There is so much to do in this fast pasted environment, I often times find it difficult to get everything done. But eventually it gets done.

It is sometimes hard to make the difficult decision if a person, or persons, are not working out for the company or the culture. Difficult decisions should be made for the betterment of the company, and it's employees, in the long run. Bottom line, make the tough decisions now before it becomes too difficult.

I am extremely enthusiastic about Datastax, my position and the company's future.

Current Employee - Global Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Global Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company emphasizes communication and respect for all employees regardless of their title. This is a common "statement" for companies, but at Datastax I have consistently felt the difference in attitude in my dealing with the top executives as well as with colleagues. The daily lunches where executives join the rest of the staff, provides daily opportunities to get to know executives and colleagues on a casual basis. The CEO can frequently be found in the lunch room in the late afternoon working on his laptop - another example of ensuring his availability to all employees. The work load is consistent... but the flexibility to juggle your work with personal commitments is outstanding. I feel like I have left Dorothy's Kansas - working in a drab B&W world, and have landed in a challenging, fun and Technicolor OZ....and so far I haven't seen any sign of flying monkeys or witches.

Cons

I have only been on board for 2 months... but I am thrilled to be at Datastax and currently do not have complaints... or concerns.

Keep "walking the talk"

There are newer employer reviews for DataStax

Worked for DataStax? Contribute to the Community!