DataStax

www.datastax.com
  www.datastax.com
There are newer employer reviews for DataStax

The sales org is a sh*tshow and boiler room.

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at DataStax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Datastax is supported by an awesome technology. The majority of the people at the company are pleasurable to work with. I truly feel the company will go pre-IPO by mid-2015 . . . So your equity will hold value, given you vested. The product management team and engineers are all rockstars. There is a true startup culture where everyone works hard. Cassandra has a strong community and it's growing. There is now free lunch every day.

Cons

The sales reps don't get much respect. The marketing is subpar, which impacts the sales team. You will be doing MUCH more out-bounding than following up on leads, nurturing accounts and trying to close deals. The sales org is becoming a boiler room environment where all calls are tracked. Quantity over quality doesn't work in a consultative sales environment. Not much upward mobility. The CEO, Billy, won't say "Hi" to you when you walk by him unless you initiate. The compensation plan is horrible. If you hit accelerators at a certain tier, your % decreases. I know, weird. There are a lot of false promises given. Don't believe the hype.

(Rhetorical) Question of the day: Why did the talented people quit Datastax when it has such great promise?

49 Other Employee Reviews for DataStax (View Most Recent)

My husband doesn't ask me how my day was anymore... Cause he's jealous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyday is new and exiting. I look forward to actually being at work with everyone, what a concept! Even if I am having a bad day something or someone will change that frown upside down. If you want to love your job, check out DataStax.

Cons

There is so much to do in this fast pasted environment, I often times find it difficult to get everything done. But eventually it gets done.

It is sometimes hard to make the difficult decision if a person, or persons, are not working out for the company or the culture. Difficult decisions should be made for the betterment of the company, and it's employees, in the long run. Bottom line, make the tough decisions now before it becomes too difficult.

Personal and business growth.

I have been working at DataStax full-time

Pros

Smartest bunch of people I know where we can openly discuss issues and bring in people to solve problems. Email chains are a thing of a past, I need answers I'll just hipchat them. Distributed teams, challenging and fulfilling work.

Cons

Work life balance, lots of exciting things to do not enough time to do it.

Keep on doing what you're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for DataStax