There are newer employer reviews for DataXu

Don't forget your seatbelt!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DataXu full-time

Pros

Incredibly smart people getting a huge amount done and a willingness to recognize their flaws and address them. Great company vision and buy in from top to bottom, it's an exciting atmosphere.

Cons

As with so many small, young companies the vision is aggressive, intensity is high and the pace is breakneck.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

reviews filtered by
  1. Fast Paced, Definitely going somewhere, awesome company !!!!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England (UK)

I have been working at DataXu as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Dataxu prepares you to work anywhere. I gained so much knowledge and skills in less than 2 months of my internship.
    So much opportunities for career progression and competency growth, cares about employees, provide us with free lunch and training, less bureaucratic, allows you to use your initiative and provides you with support when stuck, constant training and guidance.
    opportunities for networking, and ability to work on multiple projects in various departments.. the pros are numerous.

Cons

I really do not see any cons..... Awesome place to work... NO REGRETS.

Advice to Management

The people that work at dataxu are very intelligent people. I think its best this culture continues.. bring in the best people only.. this company is going places..

Great place to work but not for everyone...

I worked at DataXu

Pros

I enjoyed working at DataXu. Although people can be overworked I felt that management took criticism well and was constantly looking for ways to improve work/life balance and make sure their employees were satisfied. It was definitely a work in progress for them but were trying hard to keep up with the significant and exciting growth of not only the company but the industry as a whole.

Cons

Definitely going through growing pains at the moment. They just couldn't seem to hire the right people fast enough. However, senior management seemed to recognize this issue and was motivated to make working conditions better. If you want to work in a revolutionary and exciting field unfortunately you will have to deal with the cons of being in a company that is trying hard to keep up. Not everyone succeeds or thrives there for various reasons including some managers lack of experience. I believe that is attributed to the fast growth and ambition which can be debilitating for some but also exciting to be part of.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to make employees feel valued, indispensable and jazzed to be part of a growing industry. All people want is a little recognition from time to time. The right people will stay and will be excited to come to work every day.