DataXu
www.dataxu.com Boston, MA

Great place to work but not for everyone...

(Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working at DataXu. Although people can be overworked I felt that management took criticism well and was constantly looking for ways to improve work/life balance and make sure their employees were satisfied. It was definitely a work in progress for them but were trying hard to keep up with the significant and exciting growth of not only the company but the industry as a whole.

ConsDefinitely going through growing pains at the moment. They just couldn't seem to hire the right people fast enough. However, senior management seemed to recognize this issue and was motivated to make working conditions better. If you want to work in a revolutionary and exciting field unfortunately you will have to deal with the cons of being in a company that is trying hard to keep up. Not everyone succeeds or thrives there for various reasons including some managers lack of experience. I believe that is attributed to the fast growth and ambition which can be debilitating for some but also exciting to be part of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to make employees feel valued, indispensable and jazzed to be part of a growing industry. All people want is a little recognition from time to time. The right people will stay and will be excited to come to work every day.

Overpromised and underdelivered- Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DataXu full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent engineering- thoughtful and interested in truly solving digital issues.… Cons: Marginal leadership, lack of ambitious employees- many are highly satisfied with the status quo. Not enough fire to be a… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the strengths of the business, reward those who… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Beware

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DataXu

Pros: Beer in fridge. People are friendly. Cons: Get ready to work very long hours for below average pay. Office enviroment is extremely hectic and it is often hard to get anything done.… Advice to Senior Management: Slow down. You are no longer a startup. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on DataXu.

Worked for DataXu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DataXu reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DataXu CEO Mike Baker. All reviews posted anonymously by DataXu employees.