There are newer employer reviews for Datameer

Challenged for self improvement. Great people!

I have been working at Datameer full-time

Pros

Great people, innovative product, charismatic leadership. Management pushes employees hard to build character & skill.

Cons

Turn over takes toll on culture.

Advice to Management

Encourage work/life balance.

Datameer Response

Oct 6, 2014 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your comments. We understand we’re not perfect and definitely don’t claim to be. We do strive to be at a place where people like you can be proud to work at. There is a learning effort on ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Innovative Unique Product and best of all Awesome People!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Datameer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Datameer is such an innovative company, I work with a lot of smart, talented and passionate people. Datameer has an amazing product that is very unique to the big data space. It has received a lot of traction in the news recently. We just moved offices and the location in San Francisco is close to BART and being on the 4th floor we have an amazing view of the city! Light, bright and airy! This is also an organization where they tend to recognize and promote within. I have seen several people in the sales and engineering department move up and around. Even their inside sales reps there is a career path and they can move into field sales. Virtually unheard of at my last organization.

Cons

Being a startup, sometimes certain projects take more time with work/life balance, but it is not all the time and what you do here, you can really see a difference and how it impacts business!

Advice to Management

Keep up with the innovation of the product. Recognize hard workers and be willing to be flexible with employees.

Datameer Response

Oct 6, 2014 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your kind words! We love to hear about how much you love working at Datameer and do strive to make this company the best to work at in Big Data. We do appreciate your input!

Always learning something new in a exploding technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Datameer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of opportunity to make a difference - Lean product with lots of potential - Great, smart, hard working people willing to help each other succeed - Lots of visibility on where company is heading - Generous benefits - Numerous career opportunities.

Cons

- Not an environment to warm up a seat every day. - As a fast growing company, lots of challenges keeping internal systems organized (Growing pains). - Need to trim some fat from product and focus on things Datameer is good at.

Advice to Management

Fast growing companies need great people to take things to next level. Need to invest more resources to attract and maintain great people. Also, as a growing global company, communication challenges need to be addressed by adopting better collaboration tools.