Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dataprise

Pros

I have been working at Dataprise over four years and glad to be part of this company. It provides a great exposure to learn new skills and technology. Dataprise has recently introduced in-house trainings which has given an easier opportunity to learn new products for free.
Dataprise recognizes and honor employees' work by giving out bonuses, gift cards and Awards.
Weekend project work is also compensated with monthly bonus or CompTime.
A part from work, each Team gets an opportunity to meet each other at a dinner once a month, beside that Dataprise arranges happy hours few times a year which allows all employees to meet each other in a casual way.

Cons

-Mileage coverage needs to be modified by eliminating restriction of 25 miles.

Dataprise Response

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Awesome! We are happy to see you are enjoying your time working at Dataprise. We will take your suggestion related to mileage restrictions into consideration and appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

reviews filtered by
  1. Dataprise in an environment where hard work and dedication can lead to rewarding opportunities and accomplishments

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dataprise

Pros

- Tons of opportunities to learn and grow in your IT career
    - Shadowing opportunities are available to learn from the best as they do their job in real world environments
    - Rewards for selling product or services
    - Bonuses for working overtime
    - Management and HR are easily accessible, while feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged
    - Lots of opportunities to express your desired field and career path, and there is follow-through to make sure you are on your way to that path
    - Company events are top notch and fun
    - A very high percentage of employees are generally great personalities, and not your stereotypical engineer
    - Time off requests are flexible
    - Help at any time of day is a phone call or email away, and you never feel like you are on your own when you are struggling with something.
    - Recognition for hard word and achievements flows freely from the highest positions in management.
    - Reimbursements for expenses are given for items like parking, gas, Metro, and gifts for clients
    - Customer service is a top priority, and you never feel like your hard work providing a service for clients will be thrown away because of a disgruntled employee who consistently provides bad service.

Cons

- Tendency to get burned out
    - You can't expect to get recognition for every great thing you may do, as sometimes it flies under the radar
    - If you receive a bonus for working overtime, you are ineligible to get the bonus the following month, so you have no real incentive to go the extra mile.

Advice to Management

Allow for more requests for employee feedback, particularly their requests for advancement.

Best career move I've ever made.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dataprise

Pros

I've worked large companies where employees are just cogs in a machine. I've worked small companies with few benefits and fewer resources. And now I've worked Dataprise, which is just right.

At Dataprise every employee has an opportunity to own their work and make a huge impact on a growing company. If you have a better way to get something done, management listens. I arrived with just a few years of experience but a lot of big ideas, and when I was hired a few years ago I found a management team that was supportive and eager to hear what I had to say. Better yet, I'm surrounded by very intelligent people who provide excellent feedback and help me grow the seeds of my ideas into healthy, full-grown actions that directly improve the way people work.

Dataprise grows every year and is thriving because they foster a comfortable environment where people can speak their mind and receive useful feedback. Thanks to this environment my confidence has grown tremendously and I have be able to dramatically improve my abilities in my position. In fact I've developed some expertise in areas outside of my focus!

I've been here a few years and I still feel that I have plenty of room to grow within the organization. The nature of the IT industry is incredibly dynamic, and for those who believe in ongoing learning and personal development - Dataprise is a company where employees can take advantage of this ever-changing industry to learn new skills and grow with the company.

I've made enormous strides here, and I see myself sticking with this fantastic company for years to come.

Cons

As a fast-growing company, Dataprise does suffer from certain growing pains and from my perspective is working to address those issues. Specifically, while communication within departments is open and available, encouraging feedback, communication between departments can be intermittent from time to time. Dataprise has undertaken an initiative to address this specific issue, and is encouraging input from all levels of the organization on how best to address it.

Dataprise Response

Mar 31, 2014Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you. We are glad to see you are happy with your decision to come work at Dataprise. It's great that you feel your suggestions are taken into account and that you have a lot of growth potential ... More