Atlanta POV

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opulent Buckhead office All of leadership (Directors, VP) from former Big 4 (heavy on E&Y), working toward getting the career mgmt process to be similar Local work only, with new option for travel if desired Salary, health plan Great for Custom Dev (.net, java) and PM work Paid OT

Cons

Lead Recruiter, a great saleswoman, is a bit misleading on expectations Many levels, expect to start at levels below your prior employer If you are technical manager, you won't be told, but should expect to write code. Reality is, large amount of 'staff aug' (they won't call it that) work. BI LOS - limited enterprise level, thought leadership BI work. Mostly DM layer work or could be anything to do with moving data around (e.g. application integration) Directors (most) are not 'though leaders', but account executives who can sell services.

Advice to Management

Atlanta VP needs to filled by someone with more experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great aspirations. Poor execution

Former Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior IT Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are competitive, some big clients, really talented and hard-working consultants

Cons

Terrible senior management vision and execution, lack of foresight and planning overall, put too many eggs in one basket (put too many consultants at one client), you are expected to work miracles for the client and bend over backward while doing it. Consultants treated as dispensible. Would think twice about joining this company.

Advice to Management

Focus on executing on the vision of the company as a true leader in the Chicago market instead of continuing the repair shop mentality. Send all of the mid and senior managers to training because the level of management compentence, business acumen, and leadership skills are SORELY lacking.

Very happy I made the move

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Daugherty Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership team has empowered me to treat the business as my own. Unless I do something detrimental to (or not in the best interest of) Daugherty, they do not micro-manage. They look for high aptitude, solid business and technical acumen profiles who are down to earth and driven. Great learning experience so far!

Cons

Sometimes wish we had more Leadership (# of), however, we're a consistently growing company and this will be a critical item needed for any growing company. With growth comes opportunity, so in general I don't mind.

Advice to Management

Keep growing steadily and move your all-star's up the ranks in a timely manner. Good/Strong communication is ALWAYS key! Great plans for the future which are not shared, cannot be realized by the team.