There are newer employer reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System

Great co-workers, unethical senior administration

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System

Pros

Great medical benefits, Excellent coworkers

Cons

Unskilled senior administration, Unwillingness to innovate

Treat your employees with respect and integrity they deserve. Check your turn over rates by department and hold those department leaders accountable.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System (View Most Recent)

Great heart, great people, but perhaps, unsustainable

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System

Pros

All the people who worked for this organization were very nice, which makes for a pleasant work environment. The Sisters are gracious and strong and I have the highest respect for them and how hard they work to uphold the inspiring values of this organization. Also, their health coverage for their employees, as you might expect, is very good. The work is honestly to help those in need of medical care who can't afford it, which is a worthy endeavor to participate in.

Cons

Unfortunately, their hospitals tend to lose money and this can make for an unstable work environment. This may lie with a business model that is no longer sustainable. To their credit, upper management went to great lengths to try to ameliorate the collateral damage of their hospitals.

Some truly great people at DOCHS, the CEO in particular and the Sisters themselves are admirable and honorable people. Those in management of the individual hospitals can sometimes be a different story - and their mismanagement seemed to pull down the whole of the organization's efforts, which is tragic. So, when upper management of an individual hospital is going badly, it is worth the headache to ensure they are not allowed to drag down what is a truly inspired cause. To not do so or to take appropriate measures to ensure they are doing their job properly seemed to cause a myriad of problems for the entire organization.
    I hope the Daughters are able to continue their mission. I am proud to say I was able to support their cause and I hope their influence spreads throughout the healthcare industry.

Challenging environment. Managers need improvement.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging environment. Fast paced. Great learning environment.

Cons

Charge Nurses don't seem to know how to make assignments. Managers don't always listen to employees.

Listen to your RNs. They are the backbone of your group and not the charge RNs!

There are newer employer reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System