Daughters of Charity Health System

www.dochs.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System

There was poor communication between people and management's tone at the top is not very good.

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System

Pros

I heard the benefits were good, but I'm a temp worker so I did not get the benefits. The company had company lunches and parties from time to time and all the employees are invited. There are Christmas parties and white elephant event.

Cons

The accounts payable management is very poor. She had extremely bad communication skills because she is in the office 24/7. When she wanted something done, she would tell someone to tell me and never come to me herself even if she had the chance.
There is a lot of unnecessary gossip in the accounting department. People gossip behind each other's back and there is just this un written tension between everyone. Basically to summarize it, a majority of the people there is very fake. It was a fake smile, fake everything. The culture at the place had a lot of tention... I go to there to work, and mind my own business, but these accounts payable techs have to always stir some drama for absolutely no reason. And these people here don't even have a college degree and basically if you don't mix with the crowd, you will not get promoted. Its a lot of politics here. I would not work here for perm. even if they extended my contract. People here are also unskilled. Just way too much politics. It is unfair. Its all about seniority here.

Advice to Management

Accounting/AP department head, needs better communication skills. Don't lock yourself in the office all day and when you finally come out, have a frown on your face like you just went through hell. Just because you went through hell, doesn't mean everyone at work has to get your contageous frown.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great co-workers, unethical senior administration

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System

Pros

Great medical benefits, Excellent coworkers

Cons

Unskilled senior administration, Unwillingness to innovate

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and integrity they deserve. Check your turn over rates by department and hold those department leaders accountable.

2. RN

I have been working at Daughters of Charity Health System

Pros

Feels like family, small hospital where people work together-teamwork

Cons

none, cant think of a one