There are newer employer reviews for Dave Sinclair Ford

Not bad at first, but quickly became stale (the rules changed every day for the people at the bottom).

Former Employee - Mechanic in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Mechanic in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Dave Sinclair Ford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A union dealership. Pay for top tier mechanics and service advisors very good if you can get in. Also have employee d-plan pricing for employees (for new cars and trucks) and family of employees, a big plus if you can afford it. Most holidays were paid and you got off.

Cons

If you are not upper management or a service advisor, the job has some serious drawbacks. I worked there for over five years and found that the helpers, porters, or cashiers get paid significantly lower than them (management, service advisors, and parts counterpersons) and physically do much more. I was paid flat rate (by the job) and experienced significant cuts in labor times (sometimes as much as 50%) and was shown no empathy when injured. I was forced to work through lunch breaks periodically when an advisor wrote up a wait ticket, and working in the shop on 100 degree days was common place with no air conditioning. Aslo, management would reserve service advisor jobs for their friends, instead of on their merits and experience in the automotive field (a lot of favoritism was shown). Since it is a family owned dealership, the best jobs (highest paying) were reserved for family members, and people with years of experience and seniority were pushed aside. Overall, even though I got yearly pay raises with the contract, my overall yearly pay from my W-2 statements went down through the years because of the pay cuts, even though I kept up with the training and had exerted tremendous effort.

Advice to Management

It doesn't take that much effort to be nice to somebody and to hand out jobs fairly. Try not to act like a ranting pyschopath; I will never buy anything from there, and redirect busisness to other places.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great family friendly atmosphere

Current Employee - Service Department in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Service Department in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Dave Sinclair Ford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful, supportive bunch of folks to work with. Very accomodating of personal needs and work life balance.

Cons

If you're not Catholic you may feel out of place. Not much opportunity for advancement if you're not part of the "first families". They tend to hire from outside rather than promote from within.

Advice to Management

Give current employees the opportunity to move up before you bring in new people. Everyone is not Catholic and although fish fries are appreciated, having a priest visit the store on ash Wednesday may be a bit much.

2. Great family business

Former Employee - Porter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Porter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Dave Sinclair Ford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is tough, but the pay is great and the managers are helpful

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for overtime.

Advice to Management

Offer more overtime