There are newer employer reviews for Dave & Buster's

Overall great place, great people.

Current Employee - Winner's Circle in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Winner's Circle in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of hours to be had, this company has caring people including management, paid time off based on hours worked, raises every 6 months, other nice incentives to encourage employees to do their jobs such as employee of the month where you receive $50 in free food, $50 in game play and mvp points which you can use to redeem prizes from Burberry bags to iPads. All store meetings are fun and are geared towards making the employee feel appreciated.

Cons

Some days are long and hard, such as Saturday. You'll spend hours at a time spent on your feet having to be nice to impolite guests, some other employees are unreliable.

reviews filtered by

very mixed feelings

Current Employee - Busser/Runner in Islandia, NY
    Current Employee - Busser/Runner in Islandia, NY

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

friendly managers and coworkers, decent tips, 50% off food on break. after a year long job search, these guys are the only people who gave me a chance and I really appreciate it.

Cons

crappy hours, horribly understaffed. the hours scheduled for you are not always accurate. on weekends, expect to stay late and to be so swamped with work that you might as well skip your break if you wanna be out of there close to on time. this week, I don't have a minute to myself as it's spring break. however, I don't think it's really management's fault. they try to make everyone happy, but sales come first. it may be understaffed because the tip out for bussers is so low (2% of servers total) that they'd have very little to pay us. you can become a server, but i'm told it takes several months. as grateful as I am to have a job at all, i don't know how long i'll be able to keep this up. it's only been three months and i'm aching all over.

please hire more bussers, enough so there are at least two in the dining room at peak hours!

2. Good work, horrible management.

Former Employee - Food Runner, Waitstaff in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Food Runner, Waitstaff in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Dave & Buster's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Busy when busy, always things to do.

Cons

Management was juvenile, made lots of promises they wouldn't keep.

Listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Dave & Buster's