Dave & Buster's

There are newer employer reviews for Dave & Buster's

Great training company

Current Employee - Shift Leader
Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training, flexible schedule, fun environment, fellow co-workers.

I was part of the opening team for Dave and Busters in NYC. I think that it was one of the best places for training that I have ever worked. I knew the menu and drinks inside and out. They did a really good job at making sure schedules were correct. It was always easy to pick up shifts.

Cons

Clientele was less than desirable. I heard after the auto grat went into place it got a lot better.

None.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Dave & Buster's (View Most Recent)

very mixed feelings

Current Employee - Busser/Runner in Islandia, NY
    Current Employee - Busser/Runner in Islandia, NY

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

friendly managers and coworkers, decent tips, 50% off food on break. after a year long job search, these guys are the only people who gave me a chance and I really appreciate it.

Cons

crappy hours, horribly understaffed. the hours scheduled for you are not always accurate. on weekends, expect to stay late and to be so swamped with work that you might as well skip your break if you wanna be out of there close to on time. this week, I don't have a minute to myself as it's spring break. however, I don't think it's really management's fault. they try to make everyone happy, but sales come first. it may be understaffed because the tip out for bussers is so low (2% of servers total) that they'd have very little to pay us. you can become a server, but i'm told it takes several months. as grateful as I am to have a job at all, i don't know how long i'll be able to keep this up. it's only been three months and i'm aching all over.

please hire more bussers, enough so there are at least two in the dining room at peak hours!

Overall great place, great people.

Current Employee - Winner's Circle in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Winner's Circle in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are plenty of hours to be had, this company has caring people including management, paid time off based on hours worked, raises every 6 months, other nice incentives to encourage employees to do their jobs such as employee of the month where you receive $50 in free food, $50 in game play and mvp points which you can use to redeem prizes from Burberry bags to iPads. All store meetings are fun and are geared towards making the employee feel appreciated.

Cons

Some days are long and hard, such as Saturday. You'll spend hours at a time spent on your feet having to be nice to impolite guests, some other employees are unreliable.

There are newer employer reviews for Dave & Buster's