Fun, fast paced, overall good place to serve tables

Former Employee - Server  in  Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Server in Nashville, TN

I worked at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, Good money on weekends, Great experience

Cons

Lack of communication among management, late hours

Management should comunicate more and treat their staff better. For as hard as the servers work give them some credit and positive reinforcement.

Other Reviews for Dave & Buster's

Great training company

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Dave & Buster's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, flexible schedule, fun environment, fellow co-workers.

I was part of the opening team for Dave and Busters in NYC. I think that it was one of the best places for training that I have ever worked. I knew the menu and drinks inside and out. They did a really good job at making sure schedules were correct. It was always easy to pick up shifts.

Cons

Clientele was less than desirable. I heard after the auto grat went into place it got a lot better.

None.

very mixed feelings

Current Employee - Busser/Runner  in  Islandia, NY
    Current Employee - Busser/Runner in Islandia, NY

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly managers and coworkers, decent tips, 50% off food on break. after a year long job search, these guys are the only people who gave me a chance and I really appreciate it.

Cons

crappy hours, horribly understaffed. the hours scheduled for you are not always accurate. on weekends, expect to stay late and to be so swamped with work that you might as well skip your break if you wanna be out of there close to on time. this week, I don't have a minute to myself as it's spring break. however, I don't think it's really management's fault. they try to make everyone happy, but sales come first. it may be understaffed because the tip out for bussers is so low (2% of servers total) that they'd have very little to pay us. you can become a server, but i'm told it takes several months. as grateful as I am to have a job at all, i don't know how long i'll be able to keep this up. it's only been three months and i'm aching all over.

please hire more bussers, enough so there are at least two in the dining room at peak hours!

There are newer employer reviews for Dave & Buster's.

Worked for Dave & Buster's? Contribute to the Community!