David J. Joseph

www.djj.com
  www.djj.com
There are newer employer reviews for David J. Joseph

poor senior leadership- yard level managers strong

Former Employee - Buyer
Former Employee - Buyer

I worked at David J. Joseph

Pros

good insurance,salary,communicatios,ability to service customers is outstanding strongest in florida

Cons

disrespectful upper management, uneasiness of status in the company felt by all

Be willing to look at yourselves and stand up to the ones who are nasty to underlings no matter how much experience they have- treating your employees well is better in the long run

10 Other Employee Reviews for David J. Joseph (View Most Recent)

Best family atmosphere from a company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at David J. Joseph full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work environment is very relaxed.From the IT Director down everyone is approachable. I was approached by the CEO Keith Grass within the first month of employment and he, just like everyone else, is very easy going and takes the time to get to know you.

Cons

Lower salaries than competitors in the area.Mostly parallel advancement with only four steps from the bottom to the top.

Poor Leadership

I worked at David J. Joseph full-time

Pros

I was able to work with friends which made the days short and improved the team work.
    Medical benefits were fair - good.

Cons

No breaks or lunches- Working 9 + hours a day on my feet. I ate lunch standing up between customers. I brought this up to management and they helped for a day or two but then we were told they were too busy to offer breaks. However, exceptions were made for one employee when she was working in the scale house all day.
    Did not feel valued - The management did not seem to care how I was treated by the customers. On more than one occasion I was sexually harassed and verbally abused. This even happened in front of my supervisor and he did nothing. When brought up by my coworkers or myself to management they replied that it was nothing and we were bringing it upon ourselves by the way we dressed or acted with them.
    Poor Leadership - Talked down to by management on more than one occasion and verbally abused by management depending on the day. There were different rules depending on who was the manager dealing with the situation. One manager would establish a procedure and then another manager asked us why we were doing it that way and told us to stop. No accountability and no stability. I didn’t know how to do my job each day because it changed repeatedly.
    Discrimination - I worked with several different nationalities. Sad to say we were not all treated the same. I was held to a higher standard. If I made a mistake I was written up. On more than one occasion a coworker of a different nationality made the same mistake and it was brushed off. When brought up to HR and management, we were simply told it was a cultural difference but that only went one way because we were not of the minority nationality. The other nationalities were not expected to read and write English but we were expected to be able to communicate with them.
    If a coworker or I made a mistake, we had to worry about the management publicly discussing it instead of it being handled between management and the employee. When I told management that it needed to be handled directly with the employee so we knew what we were doing wrong, I was told that would happen. It was never handled or addressed that way.

Saying your door is open means nothing if you do not take the time to actively listen to your employees. I shared my views and experiences on more than one occasion and was told that I needed to "just keep my mouth shut" or "just stick to my job"

There are newer employer reviews for David J. Joseph