There are newer employer reviews for David Jones

David Jones

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at David Jones

Pros

Good people awesome to work with

Cons

Horrible Management, absolutely horrible management with no training

learn how to manage

35 Other Employee Reviews for David Jones (View Most Recent)

Not the greatest place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Canberra (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

I have been working at David Jones

Pros

Great training provided during induction
    Staff discount
    Product knowledge - if offered

Cons

Stocktake - They had us doing stocktake during the daytime when the store was open. They should do it when the store is closed, customers kept on interrupting me during the day, so it was difficult to get the correct amounts. The manager made us work from 7am till 10:30pm and we had no dinner break.

Management - The management was quite poor, I felt like the managers did not have the greatest of people skills. Also my manager never signed off on my annual leave forms.

David Jones American Express Credit Card - The manager was pressuring us too much, to sign up as many cards as possible everyday. Customers would get cranky and felt like they were been harassed.

Understaffed - Customers would complain about there never been enough staff around to serve them

Been moved into another area that I have no product knowledge on - this happened when staff would call in sick and I would feel silly when asked a question about a product that I had no knowledge on, I was the only one in the area. Customers do not like it when you don't know what you are talking about.

Christmas blackout period - Unable to take time off from Nov - Jan

There is no work-life balance here. I would probably work here if I was a student just to pay the bills.
    There needs to be more support from the management and it would be nice if the management cared about their staff and looked after them.

Well structured company

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at David Jones part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in store full time you get every second weekend off, this is great for moral. You get staff discount, and more on all black. they provide great intensive training so you know everything about your role and feel confident. The other staff are all professional and friendly.

Cons

Strict uniform and long hours over the holiday period. I worked until 12am over Christmas and was never asked how I was getting home.

There are newer employer reviews for David Jones

Worked for David Jones? Contribute to the Community!