David Weekley Homes

Not a career

Former Employee - Construction Management  in  Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Construction Management in Raleigh, NC

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time

Pros

Owner is a great guy, tries to make it a good place to work, always promoting his "culture"

Cons

Full of fast talkers and blowhards at local levels. Culture diluted by self serving managers brought in from other companies that fire employees and replace them with their personal friends. Home brew software is painfully amateur. Girls in the office manage themselves and never sweat over getting important issues in a timely manner. Whole company very clickish and difficult to fit into one group without the others cutting you out. New people often ostracized and then leave in six months. Never expect to be promoted here, whatever you are hired at, if you are good at it, you will stay there forever. All upper levels came from other companies or forced hires from the main company. Every few months expect to get a visit from the owner's henchman, he will stay a few days and just wear everyone out with all day group inspections and point blank pop tests in front of your coworkers and bosses. Like the sargent in the movie, Full Metal Jacket.

Never hire a city president from other companies, always promote from proven people that have at least five years with your culture and know the issues and what needs to be fixed. Get some outside consultants. Don't homebrew software. Stop worrying about surveys, instead attend to quality. We spent most of our time planning and strategizing for good survey scores.

28 Other Employee Reviews for David Weekley Homes (View Most Recent)

Dream job

Former Employee - Draftsperson  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Draftsperson in Carrollton, TX

I worked at David Weekley Homes full-time

Pros

Great people, fantastic diverse work culture ... like none other I have ever experienced!
    Dedicated to employee moral. Very structured training program (love it) - nothing left out and not overwhelming.
    Warm, professional environment.
    Plenty of community volunteer opportunities.

Cons

One horrible employee with the personality that will suck the life out of your day. From my first on the job, other employees pointed him out. But he was useful (no more than other employees), so I cannot for the life of me understand why he couldn't be fired.

Keep up the good work. Hope prosperity and success follows for centuries to come.
    But bring the jobs back from overseas. Economically disabling lower and middle class tends to have a trickle-up effect.

Good, could be great

I have been working at David Weekley Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Competitive salary
    Great benefits
    Good culture
    Perks are good
    Nice people
    Pretty office

Cons

In a transitional phase
    Too much work with not enough people
    Some bad managers
    Confusing expectations

Please hire more people - your team members are drowning.

There are newer employer reviews for David Weekley Homes

Worked for David Weekley Homes? Contribute to the Community!