David's Bridal

Hard Work REALLY pays off

Current Employee - Wedding Consultant in Pearl City, HI
Current Employee - Wedding Consultant in Pearl City, HI

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros

At David's you pretty much "own" your own business. You get a base salary plus commission. So this allows you to make you own paycheck. You have many friendly people and constantly get to interact with many customers. The store manager at my location is the best by far that i have ever had. She understands things happen in life and coaches you to be the best that you can be. Plus the discount is great! Far more than the average 10%. The company also offers health care that is very affordable.

Cons

Favoritism is often shown a lot. You basically have to work every weekend and during bridal Christmas (January-March) you are not allowed to take off any time at all. You are expected to reach certain monetary goals, even in slow season, and will be written up/possibly fired if you do not reach those goals. You are often reprimanded as well if you do not push the company credit card on customers or have a certain amount of customers sign up for the card.

With the new management in place, I can only give it time to see what changes are going to happen. Please cut the favoritism though. You have some really hard workers that have your back and often are overlooked because they aren't a certain size/weight or the highest gross seller int he store.

312 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

Very demeaning and unprofessional team, but great consultants!

Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Oak Lawn, IL
    Former Employee - Service Supervisor in Oak Lawn, IL

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

The best part of working at Davids Bridal was working with great wedding consultants! Those girls work so hard and most were such a pleasure to work with! Also they do offer a wonderful benefits package to their fulltime employees.

Cons

The management team does not appreciate their employees, especially those who go above and beyond what is expected of them! There is a huge problem with favoritism in this company and you will never make it unless you know someone in management. I was a service supervisor, but was told that I was not working out, and basically asked to step down after the new assistant manager brought in her friend to interview for my position.r

Management should respect their employees since they are the ones who make the store money.

stressful working with brides

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

upward mobility, fast paced, fun place at times

Cons

compensation was commission based, management favored some employees over others and it affected morale

Update needed to stores and styles, management needs to be more fair and consistent with employees

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal