David's Bridal
www.davidsbridal.com Conshohocken, PA 5000+ Employees

Hard Work REALLY pays off

Wedding Consultant (Current Employee)
Pearl City, HI

I have been working at David's Bridal

ProsAt David's you pretty much "own" your own business. You get a base salary plus commission. So this allows you to make you own paycheck. You have many friendly people and constantly get to interact with many customers. The store manager at my location is the best by far that i have ever had. She understands things happen in life and coaches you to be the best that you can be. Plus the discount is great! Far more than the average 10%. The company also offers health care that is very affordable.

ConsFavoritism is often shown a lot. You basically have to work every weekend and during bridal Christmas (January-March) you are not allowed to take off any time at all. You are expected to reach certain monetary goals, even in slow season, and will be written up/possibly fired if you do not reach those goals. You are often reprimanded as well if you do not push the company credit card on customers or have a certain amount of customers sign up for the card.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the new management in place, I can only give it time to see what changes are going to happen. Please cut the favoritism though. You have some really hard workers that have your back and often are overlooked because they aren't a certain size/weight or the highest gross seller int he store.

stressful working with brides

Bridal Consultant (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros: upward mobility, fast paced, fun place at times Cons: compensation was commission based, management favored some employees over others… Advice to Senior Management: Update needed to stores and styles, management needs to be… More

If you're not involved in the politics it's a great job.

Wedding Consultant (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at David's Bridal

Pros: Great personal and professional support system, help from management whenever… Cons: Very difficult to promote within company from sales to management,… Advice to Senior Management: I think the corporate ladder is incredibly visible to all employees at David's. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on David's Bridal.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at David's Bridal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for David's Bridal CEO Pamela B. Wallack. All reviews posted anonymously by David's Bridal employees.