Highs and Lows

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant  in  York, PA
Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in York, PA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Diverse and Interesting Clientele. Many Skills gained. Fast paced. Enjoyed the job.

Cons

High Employee Turn Over. Hours work against your Income. Only make money between January - April, No paid overtime, No guaranteed lunch breaks.

Limited resources at the York, PA location (small space, limited fitting rooms, limited gown storage) made the sales process even more difficult. During the busiest times of year, the 1hr per customer time crunch along with lack of space was very overwhelming to most brides. Some could push through and find their gown but many rescheduled or left for a more personal experience.
     The commission structure is ridiculous! Thankfully I worked with a wonderful team, but I felt horrible for ladies who worked at a David's with CSR's that played favorites. Drama in the workplace is not a secret and the CSR controls the client you receive. There was a supposed order of tenure but even managers played favorites and listed beginners above tenured consultants. Your commission was based on your clients; the clients one would receive was based on luck or favoritism. During times of day or year where there is less traffic, consultants, which are only part-time, have to deal with receiving only 8-12hrs a week so that the over-hiring done for "Bridal Christmas" (Jan - April) can stay on the schedule.
     It was hectic and though I loved the job and the clients, at David's Bridal, I was working harder there than at any of my three jobs and making the least amount of money.

Other Reviews for David's Bridal

Eye opening experience Worst Management ethics I've ever experienced!

Former Employee - Alterations Specialist  in  Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Alterations Specialist in Augusta, GA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to bring satisfaction to Customers.Learn new things about sewing. Learn that not because someone is in a Managerial position means they are Management material.

Cons

Management lacks a LOT in Management PROTOCOL! Management LIES openly! Talk bad about workers in front of Customers.Says one thing and does the completely opposite!

When you have a High turn over of staff check your Management.

fun but feels like high school

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

working with the customers during one of the most special times in their life is very fun and even touching. Co-workers are also generally friendly friendly.

Cons

when working with a bunch of women things get catty, and people talk behind your back. also hours get cut very suddenly and without warning, that is, if you get hours.

try to give a little more notice with the hours changing

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!