David's Bridal

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

Good intro to retail

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant
Former Employee - Wedding Consultant

I worked at David's Bridal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really happy place to work! Brides are usually super excited about picking out their dress. There is always some type of sale to help the customer be able to pay for their dress.

Cons

The commission rate is a little crappy. If you don't make a certain (high) amount then you don't commission at all and it's like you are getting paid minimum wage for your hours and you don't get paid at all for what you did sell.

351 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

A job where you feel great about what you do everyday

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Great holidays, it is not like normal retail, it is slow during the holidays and you get Christmas eve and Christmas day off.

There are great growth opportunities, the company really focuses on promoting from within. District Managers are hard on you but they make you stronger as a leader. I noticed a lot of consultants complain about how they did not get enough training or the pay was low...we had high performing team members at our store so it just depends on the store management team as well as the selling ability of the consultant. Some people get it right away and the love it, some people don't. In this business if you don't love what you do, you wont make money.

As a company, David's Bridal is always trying to think of newer, better ways of doing things. They are constantly trying to better themselves and always listen to the team. This was by far one of my most favorite jobs, I loved what I did.

Cons

Retail hours
    Stores can use a face lift
    Avoid high volume stores, they are notorious for providing the worst customer service and my experience is that people hate working at high volume stores.

They just got a new CEO and she is great. She is making some awesome changes and focusing on new concept stores.

Replenishment Buyer

Former Employee - Replenishment Buyer in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Replenishment Buyer in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at David's Bridal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good company overall. Great management in certain divisions

Cons

A little siloed in some parts

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal