There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

Junior stylist

Current Employee - Junior Stylist  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Junior Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with brides, pretty dresses, a good discount if you're getting married, easy dress code, two good managers, good job for a younger person in high school maybe

Cons

Being the stylists slave, putting away heavy dresses, cleaning the shoe room for hours while everyone else is chit chatting, closing, not selling, psycho brides, only making 10 dollars an hour being the store slave while the stylist are making commission and not doing anything, too much products, hard to figure out computer, undressing naked brides(gross), trying to sell dresses to customers who don't speak English, seasonal job

Not being paid commission motivates me to not try. Also, working employees once a week is a disadvantage to the company because we don't know current sales or new things. Please hire more Spanish speaking employees bc you have no idea how many people from tj come to my store.

281 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

Tough work environment,

Current Employee - Stylist/Dress Specialist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Stylist/Dress Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Meeting Great people, willing to work with schedule.

Cons

Long hours work every Saturday, Management not clear in standards, Commission based and only after you meet the dollar per hour will you receive compensation for your hard work. Work very hard for minimum wage, people at McDonalds make more per hour.

Set rules that all employees must follow, Lead by example not barking orders.

David's effectively crushed my love of Bridal

Current Employee - Service Supervisor  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Frisco, TX

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the ladies that I work with. Other than that, there really isn't anything that I still like about this company.

Cons

As a a manager in a high volume store, I have gotten a decent look at how the district as a whole is run. Not only does my DM allow my completely incompetent store manager to keep her job in our extremely busy store, she forced out another store manager so that she didn't have to promote her. The manager that was forced out is smart, driven, and cared about her employees. But the manager that was kept is not even respected by anyone in our store.

Get a better handle on what is really going on in the stores. Don't take the store managers word for it. And pay our employees better. If we could actually support people outside of bridal Christmas, than we wouldn't have such high turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!