A lot of work, a lot of reward

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant  in  Nashua, NH
Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Nashua, NH

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You spend all day working with people who are excited to be there with you. This is a day they have been dreaming about their entire life. They want to feel like a princess, and you are literally in charge of making that dream come true. Also, I've worked in high-end bridal and the clientele here are much more respectful. They work hard for their money, and most of them have worked retail and know how it feels to be in your position.

Cons

The days are long, and you will have to work your butt off. Your feet will be sore. Some of the consultants on your "team" likely will not understand the team mentality, so I've had sales stolen from me before. You have to keep an eye on your accounts. Although the customers are usually awesome, I can't say the same for moms, sisters, and bridesmaids. Many will get snoody at you and think they know more than you because they watch reality tv shows about this. You will also get a lot of customers on a tight budget which makes our job a little more difficult at times, but rarely impossible. Lastly, there is A LOT of employee turn over. As soon as I learn someone's name they usually quit.

Work on making the consultants feel more like a team than competitors. Mostly though, I understand that you have to constantly babysit the new kids, but trust your veterans to do their job and do it right. Have I let you down before? No. So don't think I need to be reminded about preservation kits and DBCCs. I also feel like there is absolutely no growth potential. I love working with David's, but I'm not going to be a part-time consultant once I graduate college. Don't act so surprised and upset about it.

Other Reviews for David's Bridal

Wonderful

Former Employee - Alterations Assistant  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Alterations Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at David's Bridal full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ladies I worked with were wonderful, knowledgeable and great to work with. The dresses were beautiful and easy to manage. Everyone followed the DB standards and listened to each other. Hours were good, work was steady during the busy season.

Cons

The seasons fluctuated as bridal seasons would come and go. Would get very busy for a few months then die and would have no hours to work. Difficult to continue to work when going to school at same time and needed to make a living.

horrible

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

love brides,enjoyed being a part of that magical day

Cons

management didnt know what they were doing

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal.

Worked for David's Bridal? Contribute to the Community!