David's Bridal

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

Run!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Paid time off. Don't work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Also have thanksgiving off and Easter off. Over time is awesome too!

Cons

Everything! DM's play favorites. Been through 3 store managers within 4 months! Too many changes in a short time. High turn over for management.

Do background checks on store managers. Don't replace a poor store manager with another store manager. Move the right players to the right spot. DM's should not play favorites.

352 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

Junior stylist

Current Employee - Junior Stylist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Stylist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with brides, pretty dresses, a good discount if you're getting married, easy dress code, two good managers, good job for a younger person in high school maybe

Cons

Being the stylists slave, putting away heavy dresses, cleaning the shoe room for hours while everyone else is chit chatting, closing, not selling, psycho brides, only making 10 dollars an hour being the store slave while the stylist are making commission and not doing anything, too much products, hard to figure out computer, undressing naked brides(gross), trying to sell dresses to customers who don't speak English, seasonal job

Not being paid commission motivates me to not try. Also, working employees once a week is a disadvantage to the company because we don't know current sales or new things. Please hire more Spanish speaking employees bc you have no idea how many people from tj come to my store.

I've fine with working commission but their pay scale is awful.

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are amazing. Even though we work mostly based on commission we still all try to help each other. I love helping the brides find their dress. You have to figure out their personality and style.

Cons

The pay is awful. Upper management said they were going to up the base pay and maybe turn it to hourly instead of commission. We were told this would happen in March. Nothing has happened. To even get any commission you have to hit a certain dollar amount per week depending on your hours. If you miss it by even a dollar then no commission. Even if you do hit your productivity the commission is low. I sold 8000 dollars and only made 170 on commission. It's ridiculous. Also if you miss your dollar goal for that week you have to be written up and given warnings. So many warnings and you will get fired. This is fine during busy times, but during slow times it's not my fault that no brides came in. They changed the dress code and now we can only wear black or gray pants with a black, gray, ivory, or light pink top. Also you have to wear a business jacket everyday. I've had so many customers comment on how we look like we are going to a funeral. I think you can still look professional with a pop of color. Only management is full time everything else is part time. Which is fine, but then they schedule you for three hour shifts which are pointless and just waste gas. I would much prefer to work longer shifts.

If you say you are going to change the pay then change it. The commission is ridiculous and needs to be changed. Men's Warehouse's employees are paid 5% percent on anything 500 below and I believe 7% on anything above 500. You can wear a pop of color and still look professional. I can't believe we can't even wear brown. The computer systems need updated. You should be able to order a dress but instead of having it shipped to your store you should be able to choose a different store to be shipped to. You need to combine event management with my customers. It's ridiculous switching between both of them when making calls. Why is it not all in one?

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal