David's Bridal

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

Run!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Paid time off. Don't work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Also have thanksgiving off and Easter off. Over time is awesome too!

Cons

Everything! DM's play favorites. Been through 3 store managers within 4 months! Too many changes in a short time. High turn over for management.

Do background checks on store managers. Don't replace a poor store manager with another store manager. Move the right players to the right spot. DM's should not play favorites.

312 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

David's effectively crushed my love of Bridal

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Frisco, TX

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the ladies that I work with. Other than that, there really isn't anything that I still like about this company.

Cons

As a a manager in a high volume store, I have gotten a decent look at how the district as a whole is run. Not only does my DM allow my completely incompetent store manager to keep her job in our extremely busy store, she forced out another store manager so that she didn't have to promote her. The manager that was forced out is smart, driven, and cared about her employees. But the manager that was kept is not even respected by anyone in our store.

Get a better handle on what is really going on in the stores. Don't take the store managers word for it. And pay our employees better. If we could actually support people outside of bridal Christmas, than we wouldn't have such high turnover.

Tough work environment,

Current Employee - Stylist/Dress Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Stylist/Dress Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting Great people, willing to work with schedule.

Cons

Long hours work every Saturday, Management not clear in standards, Commission based and only after you meet the dollar per hour will you receive compensation for your hard work. Work very hard for minimum wage, people at McDonalds make more per hour.

Set rules that all employees must follow, Lead by example not barking orders.

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal