David's Bridal

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

A Love/Hate relationship with David's Bridal

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always have something to do so time flies by, Good training for future jobs, and great social experiences. Working with brides is very fun and rewarding. Customer service reps will get very good at multi tasking, problem solving with out going to management, and learn great resume skills. I did get a promotion after 5 months of working there, and was talked to about management so they do promote within the store.

Cons

Customers are very demanding, I worked in customer service so I had to become comfortable with people yelling at me, though it became very difficult at time to remain composed. My manager staff was very disconnected. Unfortunately we had some difficulties with Managers staying or being committed to the company. It ended up putting a lot of responsibilities on myself and one other. We both feel greatly over worked and underpaid at this time.

Management at my store could easily be an exception, and may not reflect the rest of the company, but it's very difficult to work under at the moment. It's like have 3 store managers who don't communicate what so ever. I'll be told by one manager to do X then some one else comes along and is upset at me for doing X and not Y and so on. Communication and unity in a management team is very very important in a company like Davids Bridal.

312 Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal (View Most Recent)

WORST JOB EVER!

Former Employee - Junior Stylist/Stylist in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Junior Stylist/Stylist in Shreveport, LA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unless you are a getting married and getting a discount, there really is no pros.

Cons

At Davids I started out as junior stylist, a non-commissioned position. Starting out you made $9.55 an hour, so it wasn't terrible. This position was supposed to be one where you help the stylists, yet it turned into the stores slave doing tasks so the managers and other employees can sit around doing nothing. The position was seasonal, however right before they were supposed to cut people I asked my boss if she was keeping me and she said yes. A couple months went by and my manager came up to me and said they're getting rid of my position and that I was now going to be a stylist. Sounds good right? No! A stylist was commissioned and we just got into the slow season, not to mention they picked favorites(their old employees) to get the higher end brides leaving the newbies with the brides who weren't looking to buy. You had to make $200 an hour to make commission starting off, or else you just made minimum wage. Also they make you do harass customers by calling them nonstop to try and get them to come in, which just made them angry and go somewhere else. The store also did on-call shifts where you had to call an hour before to see if they need you(in case someone calls out) which completely got in the way of any plans you had for the day. AND they would change the on-calls without letting you know. My family all lives out of town and I requested off yet still was on call! They could care less for their employees and customers and only care about making money. There was 10 of us hired on, and only 3 stayed. Not to mention numerous other employees left. Do yourself a favor, don't work here.

Start appreciating your workers more, and quit being fake.

Disappointed

I worked at David's Bridal

Pros

Great support during new manager training. The training team at Davids is awesome!

Cons

Was promised an exit interview when I left the company. That never happened! Was very disappointed because I was promised one by three people of upper management and even from HR that this would happen.

There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal