Davidson Hotels & Resorts

www.davidsonhotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Disappointing

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

The company is growing so there are opportunities to relocate.

Cons

The growth of the company is somewhat uncontrolled. As a result, management training is limited at best. The company's intranet and SOPs have not been updated in some cases for 8 years or more. The benefits offered are of good quality but extremely expensive. Management is expected to work a minimum of 50+ hours per week, although their salaries are below market. Most hotels are expected to perform without sufficient staffing levels. Morale in most places is low.

Better management training for new hires. Re-evaluate management salaries. Do not break down the salaries of managers based on 2080 hours annually because they are required to work far more.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Treated poorly.

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

There were no pros working at this company for me. Was hired and demoted and then fired for no reason.

Cons

Management expects you to know everything as soon as you are hired. No training no chances given.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Sep 24, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for feedback. At Davidson Hotels and Resorts we celebrate our Team Members as our most important asset, essential to our success. We strive to provide a positive and inspiring workplace. We ... More

Amateurs

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a place of employment.

Cons

Severe budget cuts upon entry. Davidson invades and depletes resources with a vengeance. They cut all supposedly superfluous positions like night cleaning crews, bussers, valets, hosts, and a third person...in any department. The staffing is cut in half and those remaining are forced to take on the responsibility of three to four other positions at no additional compensation. This completely eliminates any semblance of a work-life balance. They beef up the sales team, but have absolutely no staff to support the influx of business. They resort to the use of temp agencies and pay for it by digging into their house servers tip pool. One of my coworkers had to report them to the department of labor, after which, management was ordered to retro pay all the money they robbed from the banquet servers revenue. It's disgraceful. Upper management is a uppity boys club - pretentious, degrading. They have to outsource hundreds of their midlevel managers to every property location all over the country, dozens of times a year - because they can't keep anyone of staff. If you're staying at a Davidson managed property you can be sure that the Chef used a box cutter more than a spoon, you're "newly renovated room" is held together with gum and paperclips, and no one's done more then a spot cleaning since Davidson took over. But don't worry - if you make even the slightest complaint your room and food will be comp'd because if I know anything about Davidson, it's that they'd rather sweep a problem under the rug then take positive steps towards preventing the problem in the first place.

Management is not interested in taking advice.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Nov 10, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your concerns related to your employment with Davidson Hotels & Resorts. I am sorry your experience with our Company was negative. Your experience is absolutely not the way we ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts