There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Amazing people in corporate, but they are not in touch with property level issues

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Extremely genuine people at the corporate level. If you work hard, they will reward you for it. The CEO John Belden is a remarkable human being. He is someone to look up to and respect. I am extremely loyal to this company, to a fault.

Cons

Having been with this company many years, they are beginning to show major flaws. The hotel SOPs are incredibly old, outdated, and not in line with the modern reality of operating a hotel. In an industry that is always changing, why hang on to the past? The reliance on old fashioned paperwork is disturbing.

However, the corporate team has no idea what is going on at their properties. I have witnessed highly questionable actions by most of the GMs I have worked for. Training has been getting worse and worse. Hourly workers are paying dearly for it. As time goes on, my morale and nearly all my co workers morale are in the toilet.

Time to come into the 21st century. Watch your GMs!!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Poor Hotel Managment Company, do not care about employees

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good experience. I was able to learn about in my position. Typically like to promote from within. Will give you advice if it is needed.

Cons

Long Hours with poor compensation. Management keeps certain people under their "wings". If you are not part of the crowd you will not succeed.

Follow procedures to protect your employees.

Poor Communication, NO training and a pointing fingers game

Former Employee - Banquet Manager
    Former Employee - Banquet Manager

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The company has a good deal of hotels in their portfolio
    -The company has nice hotels in its portfolio

Cons

-Received no training whatsoever. It was just how they did things. You either survive or you don't.
    -A constant game of finger-pointing to place blame on everyone else so no-one had to take credit for the issues
    -Poor communication
    -Poor management. I was told upon hire by the Director of F& B that no-one in the hotel respected the General Manager. What a great way to start your first day of work!
    -Overworked and highly underpaid
    -Constant competition between maintaining "brand" standards, for example, "We fly the Hyatt flag, so we have to maintain Hyatt standards, but we also have to cut costs at every corner to maintain Davidson financial standards
    -Gross neglect for maintaining company policies and procedures
    -No such thing as a work/life balance

Re-evaluate your mission statement and your principles and beliefs. Develop a training program for new-hires. Seriously evaluate upper management and how they treat and communicate with each other and staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Davidson Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!