There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Davidson lost in the dark ages

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

None None None.... There is a 20 word minimum so I have to type some thing else. The only positive is that I get a pay check every 2 weeks.

Cons

There are a lot of cons. Davidson corporate does not respect the balance between work and family. Management works 60+ hours a week. The corporate mentality is guilty until we prove you innocent. They do background checks on current team members, they have random drug test on current team members. The waste of paper is crazy. Corporate has hotel audits 2 times a year, why 2 times? Corporate doesnt answer emails. you are expected to do things correctly but no one lets you know how to do things correctly or what needs to be done until corporate needs it

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work on the hotel level. We know what our customer wants. ease up on the paperwork. A manager can't manage their team members under a pile of paperwork. Managers shouldn't have to choose between work and family.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Worked in hotel industry 30 plus, many different hotel chains, the absolute worst ever.

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

No pros except paycheck, the pay levels were bad also. Each year we had to do a survey pertaining to the job market wages were awful.

Cons

Management company that doesn't have a real clue what happens on this property, and they don't really care. Took Security completely out of this hotel, down hill from every aspect.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills, your Savey Style has allot to be desired considering management doesn't set examples of this themselves. Leaders need to lead your team how things are to be not go and hide from guest. There is so much more too.

A small company trying really hard to compete with the big boys

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They franchise some of the larger brands and you will have access to some of those company's benefits. They do have policies and procedures in place unlike some smaller companies.

Cons

They try to do a lot with very little. Small budgets, big dreams. They expect managers to be their own assistants and do it all (literally doing your own file keeping and any other admin work). You will work like a dog and if you don't fit in with their cliquish society you will never move on up.

Advice to Management

Be a little more open minded that some communities work differently than the way you are used to running it from home base.