There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pure Hell

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best part was giving my two weeks, then having 70% of my coworkers ask if my new job was hiring.

Cons

After over 8 years in the hospitality industry and working at all 4 diamond properties I was extremely disappointed in the lack of integrity and quality service offered by Davidson hotels, they had had a lot of empty premises.
I had worked at this property for several years when they sold, we were told that there wouldn't be a noticeable change and that the customers wouldn't know the difference, this proved to be false.

We had paperwork to fill out just to submit other papers, the management only cared about unreasonable expectations and rarely listened to employees opinions or what the guest wanted, they cut hours due to "low sales" and expedited 8 hours of work to be done in 4 often while covering others jobs, some of the managers were disrespectful and degrading to employees, the managers often hired completely incompetent people who later turned out to be old friends.
I stayed just over three month's after they took over and honestly tried to see the good, but only felt frustrated as I watched the level of service and quality of product drop as employees moral plummeted. After a few month's it was obvious that they were in over there heads. Now 6 month's later when I talk to former coworkers they say it's still declining I'm thankful to have gotten out.

Get to know your employees and clients, don't drop service to save a few pennies, you have potential but I'd sugest that you stick to operating lower scale motels.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts (View Most Recent)

Not too sad to leave

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Pros

I very much enjoyed the people I worked with (as people...not necessarily as co-workers you have to rely on)

Cons

Corporate doesn't seem to care about their property employees. They expect a lot but give little tools and resources to accomplish these things. People are not held responsible what so ever but then they let the good ones go instead of trying to keep them within the company. I met a lot of great people here but wasn't upset to leave the company.

Listen to your property employees. The same thing can be said year after year on TMOS surveys and nothing is done about it...barely even acknowledged.

Lack of concern for employees overshadows great properties.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Great benefits are offered to all employees. The property I worked on was beautiful and well revered in the city.

Cons

Lack of training, concern, and communication leaves employees feeling put out or terminated when things do go as planned. Decisions are made with no input or concern for employees who are the ones that implement those decisions. I am very disappointed after giving my best and was not shown any concern for my complaints of hostile work environment. Long time employees are protected even in potentially liable situations.

Do you know your employees? Do you care to? If you notice behavior you don't condone, take some time to find out why? Maybe there is an easy solution that the ones you are using now. You probably have some great people on your team and if you don't recognize value and give people an outlet to communicate you will not have an opportunity to make the most of all you have. After reviewing the core values daily during employment, I feel like it was just words. You do not live your core values.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Mar 13, 2014Director of Recruiting

Thank you for feedback. At Davidson Hotels and Resorts we celebrate our Team Members as our most important asset, essential to our success. We strive to provide a positive and inspiring workplace ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Davidson Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!