Davis Polk
www.davispolk.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best in BigLaw

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Davis Polk

ProsMeritocracy, great experience on important cases, respectful workplace, very few "screamers" or otherwise inappropriate people. If you want to work in BigLaw, Davis Polk is the place.

ConsPassive-Aggressive Culture. People will smile in your face and then rip you to shreds. Otherwise the same cons that apply to BigLaw generally apply to Davis Polk--long hours, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent with employees about their performance and prospects at the firm.

Legal Assistant at DPW

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Davis Polk full-time for more than a year

Pros: White shoe firm, prestigious, great on your CV, interesting people Cons: Long hours, not much opportunities for juniors Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

As white shoe firms go, this is an above-average one to work for.

Tech Support (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Davis Polk as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great coworkers; very friendly management; excellent benefits (for full-time employees);… Cons: Bristly staff and attorneys; somewhat stuffy partners and upper management; antiquated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Davis Polk.

Worked for Davis Polk? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Davis Polk reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Davis Polk CEO Thomas J. Reid . All reviews posted anonymously by Davis Polk employees.