Davis Vision

www.davisvision.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Davis Vision

A learning experience in a friendly environment.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at Davis Vision

Pros

There was very friendly people

Cons

It offered a Low pay

The management was ver proffesional and friendly

19 Other Employee Reviews for Davis Vision (View Most Recent)

Downhill fast

I have been working at Davis Vision

Pros

A regular paycheck. Some of the people that have been around a long time still have the old "whatever it takes" attitude. Those in the union jobs seem to do pretty well at that end of the skill/pay range.

Cons

Clueless upper/middle management. Health care benefits used to be really good & free, just $20 copays, minimal expenses. Now we have to pay premiums, larger copays, and 10-20% for all healthcare. I'm sure more delightful cuts are in store for next year. HR is especially clueless and malicious.

I think a lot of the problems are from the ambiguous HVHC relationship. The HVHC CEO is from ECCA so the perception is that Davis is the ugly stepchild. The Davis CEO (Steve Holden) is new, has no history with Davis (except as a competitor), but nothing can be done about that since all of the old-time senior people at Davis are now gone. Obviously the old Davis culture cannot be re-grown, but the HR reign of terror needs to end. If you're going to assign everyone to salary ranges with grades etc. make it a published list. If you're taking away our vacation/sick time next year, let us know outright rather than handing contradictory tidbits over time. If you're going to send out newsletters and videos talking about how we need to over-communicate, don't let 4-5 months sit between those things. Best advice: Either break up HVHC, or make it a single company. This 'family of companies' concept is BS.

Great management with a bad union problem (Latham)

Former Employee - Documentation Design/Marketing Analyst in Latham, NY
    Former Employee - Documentation Design/Marketing Analyst in Latham, NY

I worked at Davis Vision

Pros

-Good work atmosphere
    -Good people
    -Ability to move up if hard worker but they do weed out under performers
    -Always expanding due to their Empire Visionworks affiliation

Cons

-Union is strict and unless you are in the call center it will work against you
    -Call center operations is in the same area as other departments which creates two work atmospheres that are very different

Continue to expand call center in main office suite while moving other departments to your other locations
    Push more responsibility to adequate middle management, Directors are incredible at what they do but you can tell they're overworked

There are newer employer reviews for Davis Vision