a pleasant one

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dawson full-time for less than a year

Pros

It has been a pleasure working with the staff they try hard to keep you working. and I like the flexibility in the schedules and the types of jobs are good for getting experience.

Cons

need a permanent job through a company

keep up the good work

Other Reviews for Dawson

Hiring process is incredibly misleading.

I worked at Dawson

Pros

Fitness- walking miles a day in the Houston heat is a great way to stay in shape.

Cons

Dawson's hiring tactics are misleading and put a lot of pressure on the person being interviewed to say "yes" right away. They will tell you that hundreds of people applied for your position and make it seem like you are really inconveniencing them if you aren't willing to sign paperwork immediately following your second "interview." To save you the time, here's the run-down:

Essentially, this is a door-to-door sales job trying to push coupons at receptionists and whoever will listen to your "pitch." Dawson will talk a lot about being a national (or even worldwide) company, and while not a flat-out lie, isn't exactly true either. Dawson falls under BTC marketing (run by Doug Ascher- look him up if you'd like a really good idea of what the company does) which in turn falls under a company I believe is called small circle. How it really works is a lot like this- during your first 6-10 months you will be working a 100% "business to business" (walking around in sketchy neighborhoods soliciting, getting kicked out of buildings, etc.) job earning only commission- which is 35% of the price of whatever you're selling. You will make about $400 dollars a week before taxes working 7:30-6:00 Monday through Saturday. There are no benefits, no vacation, just "fabulous warning potential!". If you put in enough time, you may be given the opportunity to run your own branch, which you will have to rename. You will pay out of your own pocket (how this is possible after making $400 a week for 5 months is a mystery) to rent an office and build up a "team" to come with you. Your "team" will then go out into the field and do the sales, making their 35% commission as you once did, while you sit back and take 32% and send the rest to your parent company. Your "salary" is completely based on your team members' sales. The "$1000-$2000"/week they will quote you is highly inflated- likely before taxes and any costs necessary to rent the office building you will be working (and at this point, probably living) out of.

All in all, it isn't a "scam" necessarily, but still very sketchy with some possibly illegal sales tactics going down. To be perfectly honest, if all branches went by the same name (BTC, small circle, event evolution, or whatever the parent company actually is) you would see a lot more complaints online. Instead, try searching just for Doug Ascher and it should help you put the whole picture together.

Have your HR girl spell-check her e-mails. Don't try to make this job seem like something it isn't. Just be honest.

Dawson Response

Jun 23, 2014Marketing Coordinator

Hello,

I appreciate your reaching out for a review. Judging by your first line, I believe you have the wrong company, as we are not in the Houston-area. We are a Staffing and Recruiting Agency in
    ... More

Liars but will find you a job.

Former Employee - Data Administrative Contractor At NetJets  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Data Administrative Contractor At NetJets in Columbus, OH

I worked at Dawson as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They will find you a job.

Cons

They lie about what kind of job they are placing you in, the perks, and advancement just to get you to accept the job. My recruiter completely lied when I asked if the job she was setting me up for was data entry (it was) she said no and also lied about being hired on permanently. It was also impossible to get a hold of her most of the time.

Talk some sense into your recruiters. Nobody likes a liar.

There are newer employer reviews for Dawson.

Worked for Dawson? Contribute to the Community!