There are newer employer reviews for Daxko

Great company with awesome people

Current Employee - Production Support Engineer  in  Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, but hardworking co-workers. Innovative and creative technical and customer experience teams. Great culture. Good benefits. Located in a good city. Rapid changes at the company can create new opportunities.

Cons

Working a lot at times. Rapid change and swift decision making can sometimes not work in your favor.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Daxko (View Most Recent)

Daxko is a fantastic, growing company committed to serving the market.

Current Employee - Production Support Engineer  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Production Support Engineer in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

Daxko challenges me everyday to learn new things and be a better engineer. I'm exposed to new technologies and surrounded by very talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. On top of my daily role, I get money every year to allocate as I see fit towards my professional development.

The other benefits are great too! Good health coverage, free soft drinks, family lunches, casual dress code, impact day where we shut down 2 days a year to serve our community - all that adds up to a company committed to its employees and providing rewarding careers.

A fantastic building to work in laden with cool conference rooms and outside of the box meeting spaces is refreshing after coming from corporate America.

Cons

While Daxko rocks, it certainly isn't perfect and we know that. We have a tendency to focus on urgent issues sometimes instead of addressing more important long-term issues.

There's been a lot of growth recently and a challenge Daxko faces is integrating new service offerings into the core business. The effort to fix this is good, but sometimes it doesn't blend well.

Keep investing in employees. Our culture is our greatest asset and Daxko has to continue to invest in the things that make our culture great!

All talk, little action.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Daxko

Pros

Excellent benefits, especially if you have a spouse and/or children. It costs on average of $200 per month for great coverage. In addition, I leave for mid-day or early morning appointments many times without any problem. Daxko wants you to take care of your family and yourself first.

Wonderful vacation plans. While vacation time is accrued, you receive 3 weeks in week one. After 7 years you get a full month sabbatical in addition to your existing vacation. Full pay for both; it's what everyone aspires to receive.

A sense of family. We have "family lunches" once per week. While the food sometimes lacks in quality, it is a fun experience nonetheless. It's free, and free food and drinks are the norm at Daxko.

Daxko fully embraces the work/life balance. Wearing shorts and flip-flops on Monday is common place. Management wants you to be as happy throughout your day as possible to ensure that you are productive in your job. That's the best part about my job is being able to hop out of bed and head to work without the usual pain of pressed shirts and slacks.

Cons

Poor leadership. Individuals who oversaw Daxko's growth have not found a way to continue that success. Unfortunately, through a conflict of interests, some cannot be terminated or let go. I won't say any more about this.

Shortsightedness is going to ruin the Daxko model. In the span of 18 months Daxko bought T2 (a YMCA consulting firm), leased a new office space, and bought/halted development on a software product for the nonprofit associations market. During that same period Daxko received hundreds of customer complaints to address significant bugs in its core software, Daxko Operations. Daxko chose what appeared to be hypothetical growth and culture over customer satisfaction.

Management's concern for Daxko's perception seem to outweigh their perceptions their customers have of Daxko. Daxko's image is more important than their performance. Never was this more evident than when Daxko was, for the first time in years left off the Birmingham Business Review's 'Best Places to Work' in 2011.

Be honest. Attempting to spin issues to employees is even worse than spinning it to customers. The more you attempt to disguise what transitions are actually going on, around us the more we lose faith in your actions.

It's okay if we're not #1... we just want to feel confident in our public perception, both with customers and in Birmingham. Be a good company before you worry about being known as one.

Time wasting shouldn't be described as "company-wide meetings". Don't pull engineers, sales reps, etc., away from their work to serve peanut butter sandwiches and speak for an hour about something that could be sent in an email. Most of us are still concerned that future layoffs could happen and we want to ensure that every minute counts.

There are newer employer reviews for Daxko

Worked for Daxko? Contribute to the Community!