There are newer employer reviews for DayNine Consulting

A culture fostered by entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for working and playing hard...truly a great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Involvement – sharing business vision, goals & results. Every week, the entire company participates on a call where every DayNiner has the opportunity to share opinions, and where appropriate, act on them. DayNiners are directly involved in decision-making in areas such as compensation, performance management, and delivery methodology.

Value employees as people – giving the support they need. Onboarding at DayNine is a six month process. Every DayNiner is paid to be educated on the Workday software. They go through a 2-4 week comprehensive “boot camp” training to give them the confidence needed to handle almost any type of client engagement. Every new hire is paired up with a “training buddy.” In addition to directly supporting the training transfer, the training buddy’s job is to listen with respect and full attention to help build self-esteem on the front-end.

Leadership & direction - ensuring expectations are understood. At DayNine, there is a very clear and simple set of expectations to measure everyone’s performance. Three things: keep customers happy, work hard and contribute to building the company. In other words…total transparency is a big deal.

Generous compensation – pay for performance. The DayNine philosophy is to offer a compensation package that will attract and retain top talent. The package includes salary, a quarterly performance-based incentive, a stock option program, a robust health and welfare benefit offering and a career development plan that includes ongoing training and mentoring allowing every DayNiner the opportunity to grow into their dream career.

Cons

Fast and fluent. It's "game on" all the time...no off switch.

If you're looking for structure...you won't find it here.

Rigorous training...like boot camp in the military. Very steep learning curve on the front end.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Mixed Bag

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Relaxed office environment, nice people, easy work, decent pay

Cons

bad work life balance (as a result of) poor staffing planning, gaps in essential tools and processes, complex project team setup

Advice to Management

Take the time and go back to basics on operations

DayNine has delivered what it promised in terms of high growth and opportunity with still lots to go after and achieve

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having been here from the start of DayNine in London it’s been great to see the strategy unfold and develop as we have grown and expanded. To reflect on what we have done, but also think about what we can still do is great and makes DayNine very different from other places that I have worked.
    Although the London office was the first non-US office to open we have, and continue to have, great support from US business and this has really helped us to be successful in Europe.
    DayNine in London has some fantastic consultants and watching them collaborate and work together has been a major factor in our success and growth here. A number of our US colleagues have also commented on how well the team functions here.

We now have great office environment with space to grow and somewhere that we can really make our own, but having a family it is also been good to have the ability to work from home occasionally.

Good team nights out, when we have them

Cons

Holiday entitlement could be better
    With a busy team it’s often difficult to plan social/charity events

Advice to Management

Keep telling us about what’s happening in the business in terms of sales, revenue and growth on a regular basis. This information is really useful and it helps people understand and appreciate the business they are part of.