DayNine Consulting

www.daynine.com

Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding.

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Pros*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead.

*Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially.

*Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where you develop any number of aspects of the practice.

*Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on.

*Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career.

*NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly.

*On-Boarding program and new consultant training.

*Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls.

*Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed.

*Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start.

*Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility).

*Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months.

*No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.

No where near they Project it to be...

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cutting edge product No micro management Leadership open to suggestions Cons: All work, no play - especially for technology roles. Been here just a bit over a year now and other than the occasional free lunch,… Advice to Senior Management: Stop selling this 'fake' culture and learn how to really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not your average 8 hr job

Sr Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Great learning opportunity -Very dependable higher management -Helpful co workers… Cons: - Growing too fast- both pro and con - Due to the fast growth and workday being still very new, very few ppl to… Advice to Senior Management: Now that we are competing with the big boys, we need to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on DayNine Consulting.

Worked for DayNine Consulting? Contribute to the Community!