There are newer employer reviews for DayNine Consulting

Best corporate family I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture of 'Getting Naked' is real from top down. By this I mean that the culture is fairly transparent about the company's strengths and weaknesses. Interactions with clients are frank and open. Leadership team is involved in maintaining culture and is responsive not only to business changes but to employee satisfaction. A lot of effort is put into the selection process to ensure that the new people we hire are as awesome as the team already on-board.

High emphasis on customer satisfaction as well. Bonuses are tied to NPS scores but management is selective with clients to ensure that we partner with companies who share similar values so DayNine is positioned for success.

Cons

Smallish company that is developing some of the infrastructure that a larger company has. Fast moving and constantly changing. If you want a consistent work environment where little changes from day to day, this is not the place for you. You have to (get to) initiate the changes you want to see.

My experience is that career opportunities lie more in the breadth of the experiences than necessarily in a vertical path although there are certainly areas for people who want to advance.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and clients.

reviews filtered by

Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead.

*Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially.

*Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where you develop any number of aspects of the practice.

*Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on.

*Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career.

*NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly.

*On-Boarding program and new consultant training.

*Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls.

*Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed.

*Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons

*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start.

*Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility).

*Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months.

*No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.

No where near they Project it to be...

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge product
    No micro management
    Leadership open to suggestions

Cons

All work, no play - especially for technology roles. Been here just a bit over a year now and other than the occasional free lunch, its always "work hard" and no where close to "play harder". Which is what they sell you the culture as.
    Hardly any good mid level leadership structure in place
    Greedy operations and not ready to take up any overhead. Constantly pestering for putting in more and more billable hrs. Don't really care about personal development. Just want to make as much revenue with minimal overhead

Advice to Management

Stop selling this 'fake' culture and learn how to really run a professional services company.