There are newer employer reviews for Daymon Worldwide

Global company with opportunities to work in international locations

Former Employee - Business Manager in Taipei (Taiwan)
Former Employee - Business Manager in Taipei (Taiwan)

I worked at Daymon Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work was challenging always trying to find a balance between 2 parties, supplier you represent and the retailer you worked for. Business model of the company gave you the first hand on the retailers merchandise decision.

Cons

Business model become murky sometimes because the nature of a brokerage firm is to take a percentage in the profit of supplier and retailers. This make your role even more difficult.

Advice to Management

Personally, I left due to how quick my reporting supervisor changed during the courting period with the retailer, and it left me feeling my career aspirations was not well passed down to the different Directors I was reporting to. This was frustrating because each time I re-iterated my career aspiration with each director, something got lost in communication.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Typical Food Broker

Former Employee - Business Manager
    Former Employee - Business Manager

I worked at Daymon Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about how the grocery industry operates from the inside.

Cons

Often places employees in no win positions between their customers and suppliers making promises to both that are not possible and often conflict with one another.

Advice to Management

Listen to your business managers on site with your customers. Too many senior managers make decisions and promises without knowing the tactical issues and then don't support their employees.

2. Great place to start learning the Retail Grocery Industry

Former Employee - Associate Business Manager
    Former Employee - Associate Business Manager

I worked at Daymon Worldwide

Pros

You're able to learn both the Manufacturing side and retail side of the supermarket industry focused on private label, regional brands, and packer labels. This is an excellent place to start your career within the Supermarket/Food Retail/Food Manufacturing business as you get exposure to various components of Category Management, brand management, promotional planning, merchandising, and collaborating with other branded representatives to improve the overall category performance.

Cons

You're a middle man between the manufacturer and retailer, depending on the account this can be a very tough place to be. Account to account varies drastically in the responsibilities of the individual.