There are newer employer reviews for Dayton Freight

Dayton Freight is AWESOME!!!

Current Employee - Dockworker
Current Employee - Dockworker

I have been working at Dayton Freight part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Dayton Freight is a great company to work for. They pay extremely well for a LTL transportation company. They even have an employee appreciation week, that's right! Not a day, a WEEK!!! I have not had the opportunity to experience an appreciation week, but I bet it's a fun time.

Cons

It can become quite stressful at times, but that comes with every warehouse position that requires you to meet deadlines. They do not offer health benefits for part-time employes. Other than that there is no downfall working at Dayton Freight.

Relax a little bit more often.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Dayton Freight (View Most Recent)

Good job for what it is.

I have been working at Dayton Freight

Pros

Flexible schedules, great pay for the job you are doing.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you are one of the managers "boys", lots of favoritism and unfair treatment of people who aren't suck ups.

Get more competent people to run your service centers. Just because someone has a college degree doesn't mean that they are qualified to do the job they're being paid to do.

Very good.

I have been working at Dayton Freight

Pros

Management that is competent and understanding of its employees. Time off and compensation is understood that its important to its employees.

Cons

Not much flexibility in giving time off. Although management understands its important, they continually make it difficult for its drivers.

Compensation is good, so you are able to get good employees. Don't expand the service area, lets be good at the areas we go to.

There are newer employer reviews for Dayton Freight