Daytop Village

www.daytop.org

Fulfilling yet frustrating .... exciting yet mystifying .... predictable yet chaotic

Research (Former Employee) Swan Lake, NY

ProsCamaraderie with co-workers and clients. A solid sense of family and belonging with consistent accountability. A relatively appropriate concern for your well-being. Helpful, positive attitude-building and educational discussions and seminars with management, co-workers and industry experts.

ConsPoor management practices from the top, all the way down. Mostly nice people with no business experience. Most of the upper management executives are addicts that came for treatment and never left, therefore they lack true business acumen and education. Reactionary responses to problems that never get solved over the long term. The tail chases the dog constantly. Some of the departments, e.g. H.R., Accounting, Registration, have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire facility directors that have business degrees. At that level it is more about profitability and sustainability than it is about treatment. Let the counselors do their jobs and you do yours. Have more extensive checks and balances with accounting and auditing. Stop hiring through nepotism and cronyism---hire people with skills that are not ALL addicts.

Great people, great place

Substance Abuse Counselor Intern (Former Employee) Staten Island, NY

I worked at Daytop Village

Pros: I only worked at Daytop Village in Staten Island, NY for a limited time since… Cons: I don't this that they had too much money to work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Daytop was a pioneer in the field of Substance Abuse. It was a place to to learn and grow.

I have been working at Daytop Village

Pros: Daytop was once a great company to work for. Cons: There is no room for advancement. More
There are newer reviews on Daytop Village.

Worked for Daytop Village? Contribute to the Community!