There are newer employer reviews for Daytop Village

Fulfilling yet frustrating .... exciting yet mystifying .... predictable yet chaotic

Former Employee - Research  in  Swan Lake, NY
Former Employee - Research in Swan Lake, NY

I worked at Daytop Village part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Camaraderie with co-workers and clients. A solid sense of family and belonging with consistent accountability. A relatively appropriate concern for your well-being. Helpful, positive attitude-building and educational discussions and seminars with management, co-workers and industry experts.

Cons

Poor management practices from the top, all the way down. Mostly nice people with no business experience. Most of the upper management executives are addicts that came for treatment and never left, therefore they lack true business acumen and education. Reactionary responses to problems that never get solved over the long term. The tail chases the dog constantly. Some of the departments, e.g. H.R., Accounting, Registration, have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE.

Hire facility directors that have business degrees. At that level it is more about profitability and sustainability than it is about treatment. Let the counselors do their jobs and you do yours. Have more extensive checks and balances with accounting and auditing. Stop hiring through nepotism and cronyism---hire people with skills that are not ALL addicts.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Daytop Village (View Most Recent)

Great people, great place

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor Intern  in  Staten Island, NY
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor Intern in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Daytop Village

Pros

I only worked at Daytop Village in Staten Island, NY for a limited time since I was there as an intern, but, during that limited time, I had a great experience.

Cons

I don't this that they had too much money to work with and so it wasn't the most up to date workplace.

Daytop was a pioneer in the field of Substance Abuse. It was a place to to learn and grow.

I have been working at Daytop Village

Pros

Daytop was once a great company to work for.

Cons

There is no room for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Daytop Village

Worked for Daytop Village? Contribute to the Community!