DeLorme

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Temporary GIS Technician in Yarmouth, ME
Former Employee - Temporary GIS Technician in Yarmouth, ME

I worked at DeLorme

Pros

The pay was good. Supervisors were fair and helpful. Employees' were shown appreciation for their hard work. Workplace was clean and orderly. Break room was nice. Hours were great, and always consistent. Employees are given ample notice of changes in work hours and closings for holidays or maintenance.

Cons

More feedback would be helpful, especially when learning a new task. Also would have been nice if work had been closed for treacherous Maine winter weather. The regular snowstorms were fine. But driving to work in white-out conditions was horrible.

More feedback (good or bad), Close during blizzards.

5 Other Employee Reviews for DeLorme (View Most Recent)

A great company to work for, a bad location; pay the employees what they are worth.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Yarmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Yarmouth, ME

I worked at DeLorme

Pros

DeLorme is a pretty good place to work at. The managers are very nice and understanding. It is a small company so the quality of one on one interaction is high. If you have a problem with your computer the support team is there in a flash. There are bonuses. And people respect one another. I enjoyed all of the people I worked with. I would highly suggest working for this company.

Cons

Location, Location, Location. Not being in Portland is a big downside and with the price of gas now its a killer. I mean Portland is only 20 minutes away; on a good day. Moving closer to Portland would be a great move for the company. Also the salary is a problem. While I do understand you are living in Maine and the price of living is not as high, you could afford to pay your employees more. $23,000 a year is not very good. And while that was in sales I am sure that the salary must go up for people programming the software.

Think about raising the salary for people in the sales department.

Fun and challenging

Current Employee - Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst

I have been working at DeLorme full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and knowledgable co-workers who know their craft and also have fun. People are very willing to mentor and train each other. Great environment for people with a passion for technology and the outdoors. Open communication is encouraged.

Cons

Company has been strapped for cash the past couple of years, making promotions and training a rarity. Management acknowledges this, but turnaround has been slow.

Slow down the pace and finish/polish what you've got. Encourage more innovation from within.

There are newer employer reviews for DeLorme