There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

Keep doing what you are doing?

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Obviously, HR, Marketing and PR have been hard at work crafting responses to some of the more recent (negative) reviews. My favorite line? "Getting crowded: Need a bigger office to keep up with growth" What growth? Recruiting can't keep up with turnover, and the same jobs have been posted for months. Outside of the free beer, snacks and catered meals, there is very little to gloat about.

Cons

Talent. The best developers are long gone, and when your CEO accepts a COO position with a competitor, that's not a good sign. If DeNA's upcoming releases don't fair well, I wouldn't be surprised if the San Francisco office is "long gone" as well. If you are seeking stability, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

It's definitely not "keep doing what you are doing". Time to hit the "reset" button.

Other Employee Reviews for DeNA

Horrible for engineers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros might be, getting an easy in to the game industry if you are a junior engineer. They also have plenty of snacks and catered breakfast, lunch and dinner. But so does just about every other company in the bay. You will learn a lot about javascript.

Cons

It's all javascript. I have never seen a company be so belligerent about using only 1 language for all of engineering (client, server, db, cache). Pay is low. No stock options. No bonuses. No chances for any career advancement. Hemorrhaging employees. People are leaving every week. You will have a manager but you will only see him every 6 months when he reviews your performance.

Advice to Management

Actually engage with employees. We have senior management but who are they? What do they do? This is the least managed company I have ever seen. It completely lacks any direction.

:( No fun

Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chilled office next to ballpark and also close to public transportation like caltrain. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.

Cons

Very political environment with little respect for each other. Lots of employees quitting weekly and seems to be more about to leave soon. Inexperienced management starting with the execs.

Advice to Management

Change the leadership.