DeNA

There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

Horrible for engineers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DeNA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pros might be, getting an easy in to the game industry if you are a junior engineer. They also have plenty of snacks and catered breakfast, lunch and dinner. But so does just about every other company in the bay.

You will learn a lot about javascript.

Cons

It's all javascript. I have never seen a company be so belligerent about using only 1 language for all of engineering (client, server, db, cache).

Pay is low.
No stock options.
No bonuses.
No chances for any career advancement.
Hemorrhaging employees. People are leaving every week.
You will have a manager but you will only see him every 6 months when he reviews your performance.

Actually engage with employees. We have senior management but who are they? What do they do? This is the least managed company I have ever seen. It completely lacks any direction.

42 Other Employee Reviews for DeNA (View Most Recent)

:( No fun

Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Chilled office next to ballpark and also close to public transportation like caltrain. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.

Cons

Very political environment with little respect for each other.
    Lots of employees quitting weekly and seems to be more about to leave soon.
    Inexperienced management starting with the execs.

Change the leadership.

When you start with bad genes, you're guaranteed to end up with flawed DeNA"...

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

An abundance of free alcohol should have been the first sign I was in trouble. When all else fails, drink yourself into oblivion. In hindsight, I probably should have, as the booze would have ameliorated the tedium of showing up for this sh*t show...

Cons

I honestly didn't feel like I could trust my co-workers or supervisor. After I was hired, I was sent home because they wanted me to purchase an expensive insurance policy. I complied, several weeks later my contract was ended, because "plans changed". If I walked out on a contract, it would adversely affect my career. DeNA should have the balls to pay me through the end of my contract. If you want to hire people "at will" then treat them as employees, you can't have it both ways. Indicates a lack of accountability or integrity. These folks are rotten to the core.

Pull your double wide out of an otherwise nice neighborhood and send little DeNA off to special ed.

There are newer employer reviews for DeNA